Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Egr valve 2.5 crd

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by vrc8883
OK

To start with, Scotsman4th you dont have to remove the wipers/tray to pull the injectors and if you do pull the injectors it is critical that you use new copper "washer" gaskets and ensure the surface they are seating to is absolutely, totally, spotlessly clean. I might add that there is a current service letter to use ceramic grease when reinstalling the Injectors too.

I've always had to when using the VM9075A injector puller, wasnt able to get it on any other way.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Dear Sirs! who can tell me about strange ecosystems in Voyager 01-05? I cut waste filter and Catalizer (270.000km) -no problem torque goes better just some truck smell coming- It seems to me like Turkish Camel **** ecologic system in Istambul (some package on Camel ***) next- I ruined the EGR valve with heater left just Valve flange- ok no DTC on the memory- just one- P1130 - I was cleaned Pressure valve in ultrasonic bath (when I put voltage through small lamp - some dirty comes out (Winns liquid) car running well 7 days after- some problems come back. Today I found that flow after lift pump going with a thousand bubbles like air to fish in aquarium. -Will change filter to CDI filter from Sprinter near Engine. But I dont know how make a lift pump. Thanks for attention!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Wink

No, Joker2CV The 07 EGR is also pneumatic along with the "throttle valve" which I suspect was added when the EGR valve was moved from the back of the enging to the opposite corner at the front. If it changed at all it may well have been after 07 with the new shape which has a slightly different engine (i.e. there is only one cam drive pulley for the cam belt).

Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 AM

OK Scotsman4th - I stand corrected as I had not realised you were using a puller. I have only ever seen injectors removed with a "hammer" which was rather scary at first, but seemed to work OK. I dont know how your tool works and was never able to see how a puller could be set up without interfearing with or damaging the cam box.

Have fun, but do use Ceramic Grease when reinstalling as it is supposed to protect from dissimilar metal corrosion and helps defend against what some call black death...

Old 05-04-2013, 03:57 PM

ok I am still trying to fix my voyager. I pulled EGR and that is fine my question is this does any one know if the turbo waste gate actuator on a 2.5 crd diesel engine is vacuum driven or pressure driven?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 AM

Pressure driven

Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Mines has done 136000 miles and the whole egr pipe was blocked with soot and gunk, mines now blanked so no more junk getting back into my engine, but im not advising the same as some engines like a little flow or fault codes come on.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:09 PM

still trying to fix this van lol

so far I removed and checked EGR valve and pipes all clean. I then removed turbo and check actuator all fine turbo spindle fine as well, air mass replaced and that is fine as well.

I am going to change fuel filter next and go from their. I also looked at vacuum pipes to the egr and brake servo all fine except the egr vacuum pipe is not sucking when engine idle-ing

question when is the EGR vacuum pipe suppose to start the sucking action to make the EGR valve open ? the valve that the vacuum pipes has been tested with a live and earth pulse and that clicks. The electrical pins that go to valve for the vacuum pipes has two connections one is live when ignition is running the other has no status i.e it is not live nor is it earth ?

is this a problem I guess i should guess some one to rev the idle and see if a voltage or earth appears on my volt meter to work that valve.

The valve I am talking about is bolted to the front of the engine near the battery has two vacuum pipes going to it also it is near the map sensor.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:29 PM

Some information that maybe useful

The 2 wires are "EGR Solenoid Control" and "ECM/PCM RELAY OUTPUT"
So I guess the line with no status is your EGR control

When the ECM supplies a variable ground signal to the EGR solenoid, EGR system operation starts to occur. The ECM will monitor and determine when to supply and remove this variable ground signal. This will depend on inputs from the engine coolant temperature, throttle position and engine speed sensors.
When the variable ground signal is supplied to the EGR solenoid, vacuum from the vacuum pump will be allowed to pass through the EGR solenoid and on to the EGR valve with a connecting hose.
Exhaust gas recirculation will begin in this order when:
-The ECM determines that EGR system operation is necessary.
-The engine is running to operate the vacuum pump.
-A variable ground signal is supplied to the EGR solenoid.
-Variable vacuum passes through the EGR solenoid to the EGR valve.
-The inlet seat (poppet valve) at the bottom of the EGR valve opens to recirculate exhaust gas back into the intake manifold.

The EGR system will be shut down by the ECMafter 60 seconds of continuous engine idling to improve idle quality.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:30 PM

thank you for a easy to understand explanation on how the vacuum valve works that controls the EGR valve.

My search to find what is causing limp mode goes on.

Quick Reply: Egr valve 2.5 crd