Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electronic issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Default electronic issues

After replacing the blower motor in my 2001 T&C, I suddenly lost my instrument panel and turn signals. The emergency flasher is gone also. I've already replaced the BCM, but still no luck. All fuses check out. (Though I'd love to find a complete fuse panel diagram and detailed fuse list)

Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 PM

May not be the problem here, but my 2005 is VERY sensitive to battery age and condition. Make sure you check yours and basically replace it unless it is very new and registering a voltage near MAX cranking (not cold) amps.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Smile I have the same problem with my 2002 Grand Voyager 2,4

I have the exact same problem with my car. The problem occured after my battery started to flatten out over night and I had to get starthelp from a booster.

I have no solution yet, I'm currently waiting for a new BCM to arrive by mail. But this post scared me, what if the BCM isn't the problem?? Today I found out that the EATX module in my car doesn't "turn off" after turning off the ignition. I have to take out the IOD fuse every night in order to get the car to start the next day. If I dont do this, the battery goes flat.

If You find out whats wrong with yours, please let me now, ok? I'll do the same.

PS! You'll have to excuse my bad english.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:33 PM

have you fix this error yet ?

Old 05-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Default Still got problems

I have replaced the BCM, but the problem remains the same. The next step is to replace the PCM, for the total cost of $2800!! It's expensive to repair cars in Norway, and particularly Chryslers.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:15 AM

So far, no luck. I have to drive w/o my dash panel for now. I've heard that the solution to this and many similar Chrysler problems is pretty simple. Just drive it into very deep water and get out as quickly as you can. I hope the door locks don't get stuck.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Question Any solutions?

swamphog:

Have You found a solution yet? I'm waiting for a new PCM to arrive from Germany, and hopefully it will solve the problem. It has to be programmed by a mechanic before I can install it. No diagnostic tools or mechanics can tell me (100% sure) whats wrong, it's really really frustraiting. They are just guessing.

-Line-

Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 AM

Heelp!!

By the way, so far I have replaced the battery, cleaned the clips, looked for any ground issues, checked every electrical wires/fuses/relays and replaced the BCM. The next step, as written over here, is to replace the PCM with a brand new one. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll have to replace the PDC (power distribution center).

I'm getting really sick of my Grand Voyager!!! I cant drive it, because of the rules in my country (EU regulations). The nearest bus or train is a 1,5 hour walk from here.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Default Electronic issues

No luck yet. My next move is going to be replacement of both battery cables. I've recently found deep corrosion along the entire length of the ground cable. This shouldn't be there underneath the insulation, and could result in a significant level of resistance. It's also the cheapest thing I haven't tried yet. My karma should allow for a fix of this magnitude if I can keep centered and stop cussing for long enough. Wish me luck!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Default Too many CCA in replacement battery

I realize this is a very old thread, but I have also had many electrical issues and have had a replacement BCM and alternator without fixing the problem. It seems that the problem occurred about the time that I replaced the battery at the local auto parts shop. They replaced the standard 500 cold-cranking-amps (CCA) battery with an 800 CCA battery. There was some occasional flickering of panel lights and the exterior lights. Within two years, the battery was dead, and we received a new one under warranty, same 800 CCA. The problem with flickering has gotten worse, and we have speedometer and fuel gauge needles that jump full range, back and forth. The next step is to replace a PCM part, but the repair shop cannot find one - anywhere. I think that I will need to replace the battery with a 500 CCA model as was suggested by the AAA mobile battery service man, his suggestion we ignored then because we had other knowledgeable people advise us that this could not be the problem. I guess it's worth a try!

Quick Reply: electronic issues