Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix: Rear Heater Lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Default Fix: Rear Heater Lines

I replaced the rear heater pipes on my sister's 2001 Town & country yesterday. To remove the old metal lines along the firewall I cut both linesenabling removal (as far up the lines I could get from the underneath). The top section came out through engine compartment,the bottom half from underneath.The new line are alumium and came with three of the four top hoses( Observe which line didn't and take care removing that hose). The new lines came attached to each other by two brachets that secure the lines. Remove these brackets to seperate the line. Now feed each line individually into place (making note from the old lines whichline was nearest to the fiewall. Reattach the brackets where the oringinally were. Connect your hoses and bolt the brackets to the van. Fill with antifreese. Finished!If this is unclear or if you have any question Please feel free to e-mail them to me. Hope this Helps ryenke216

Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Default Hi, about the heater pipes

Yup I got a 1999 T&C
But the same problem....but I got the same metal pipes from another van that are almost new....and they are not aluminum, so they are one piece....I can't get them back in the car....I really don't want to take apart more than I already have

If you can give me some advice it would be great!
Or a link to visual work, or a detailed job describing the replacement of the metal pipes not aluminum!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:48 AM

I have the same problem and I am looking at by passing the rear heater altogether. After severing the rear lines I took one line on the main heater that went to the water pump.(I believe that is what it did anyway) I am now perplexed where on the engine the return line from the main heater should go. After spending some time on my back it looks like a rats nest up in there with a T on the original lines which is confusing the issue. Any ideas?