Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse layout

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Post Fuse layout

Voyager Grand 2006

I have a problem with my driver side sliding door electrics, namely the central locking works but the auto open/close doesn't. First thing I've been told to do is check the fusebox then the flexible cable running under the door. I found a large box to the right of the engine also what look like individual fuse boxes clipped to the grill of the car. Wasn't sure if there could be another fuse box in the car?

Some direction as to where I should start to diagnose/fix this problem would be great. Where are the fuses for the door electics etc, Thanks.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 PM

Good news, spoke to dealer today who looked over the car and said the problem with the door was just broken wiring in the door track. £75 + £60 fitting, so like everything else I'm not thinking I should try fix it myself and failing that get the part from scrap yard if possible So good news all in all...

Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by F3Speech
Good news, spoke to dealer today who looked over the car and said the problem with the door was just broken wiring in the door track. £75 + £60 fitting, so like everything else I'm not thinking I should try fix it myself and failing that get the part from scrap yard if possible So good news all in all...
99% of the time it is, takes 5-10 minutes to trace and fix, go to about
pop open the plaggy clips in the right place / fix / replace / test.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 AM

At 3:13 in the above video the guy pops the clip holding the cable to the door off after he's cut the plastic. You never see him put it back on, are you meant to reattach the clip to the door and retape the cable in it or not?

Thanks.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by F3Speech
At 3:13 in the above video the guy pops the clip holding the cable to the door off after he's cut the plastic. You never see him put it back on, are you meant to reattach the clip to the door and re-tape the cable in it or not?

Thanks.
- I did mine, but did not do 99% of that OTT, but welcome nevertheless 'teaching' video
- a mini cheepo little screwdriver or 'hookey thing' can ping open all the clips in less than one minute
- revealing the loom, it 'bends' continually at one point, that's the point you will find the break
- initially I twisted [only] the break together and used self-amalging tape to maintain flexibility
- it went again, so I put an extra inch of cable in, soldered & sleeved both ends to make a better job of it