Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got tranny but still dont work

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Default got tranny but still dont work

got the trans. got it in. now it works rev and first. shifts into 2nd and nothing stays there till ya turn off the key. then it will start in first. shift into 2nd nothing. any ideas? throws no codes!!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:07 PM

I have a lot of ideas that are the problem. first, how are you retrieving codes? are you accessing the trans computer or are you just trying to get trans codes out of the engine computer? What does your scanner show for trans data? what are the values of the input and output speed sensors.

what ever came out of the deal with the rebuilder that said you needed a case?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 PM

guys all pissy about it. and it does have a new case. and the only reason IO know that is there were 2 striped pan bolts and now they are all good.. I have a otc scanner. I was going through the obd2 plug but when asking for engine or trans I picked trans. is that right. I just got the otc and just figuring out how to use. I really got it because it reads obd1. so if you can let me know what I should look for that would be great...im not really into the transmissions to much more into engine. I mostly do the tranny swaps..
thanks

Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 AM

the rebuilder only changed two sensers. I think that they are the in out sensers. the one in back over reading the T/C and the two in front right above the pan are org...

Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 AM

HEHEHEHE, that guy replaced the case for 2 stripped pan bolts... I wouldn't even have that clown wash my car. I guess he never heard of this awsome invention Heli-coil. maybe because it's such a new item on the market (not). why did he change sensors (input, output on front of trans, crank sensor on the rear of the trans) without actually testing them. Cool you have a real scanner, so get into data stream and see what the input and output speed sensors are reading. I also guarantee, if you have a trans that does not shift, it will set a code (unless the TCM is not on like no power to it, but then your scanner wouldn't show it as a choice). the oct scanner should give you a menu to select CCD bus which contains trans, body, abs modules.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM

he never really said why he needed a new case. thats just how I know its a new case. the only sensers he changed were the two input and output sensers. he did not change the pndel, nss, or the one on the back.. I well let ya know what the in and output seners are reading

Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 AM

I'm wondering why you're not on the phone with the ace trans guy to solve this problem

Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 AM

codes 52 and 36 are showing. gear ratio and problem after first shift .....
rpm 745
turbine input 712
output 0 untill I move of course

as in my PM to you. he sent me a doa and offered this to me.. so now I owe him my life..... and turned in to a dick when I called him on it to rebuild it.. he does great work and two trans that I know of have over 20,000 miles in just under a year and still running great. needless to say I did find another rebuilder that I work with now

Old 01-18-2010, 01:11 PM

sounds like something in the trans is f/u'd. Now if I had it in my possession, I could make a much better assessment as to the problem

Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM

where you located in WI? I also asked the rebuilder and he said froms the sounds of it. it might be the computer in the trans...

Quick Reply: got tranny but still dont work