Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Grand Voyager Ltd 2002 (uk) a/c problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Default Grand Voyager Ltd 2002 (uk) a/c problems

Hi all I have a grand voyager limited UK model the problem that I have is with the air conditioning.
about a week ago I tried my a/c but was not blowing cold air at all, so I thought the gas in the aircon needs replacing so i went down to my local garage who said that it's full of gas and the compressor was not kicking in and it seems like an electrical fault.
ok so off I went to see an electrician who checked all the fuses, relays and tested the compressor and said the compressor was working fine he also tried to do a diagnostic on his computer but no fault codes were coming up.
my climate control is working fine accept for when it is on the a/c setting sorry for the long post but some help would be really appreiciated Thanks.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Hi
Hard one without being able to look at it, the 2 most common are condenser (so low on gas) or the compressor (clutch fault). As both of them have been checked could be a pressure sensor but need to be checked properly. Dealer diagnostics can test the clutch circuit properly making the engine module turn on the air con, did your auto electrician do this?

Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Hi
Thanks for replying The electrician did mention that the clutch on the compressor is working fine but I'm not sure if he did the test you mentioned or is that the same thing? the electrician also mentioned that there could be a fault with the ecu.

Also on the overhead console the temperature reading constantly reads -40 degrees could that be tied in with the air con problem or is that something separate. Thanks

Old 06-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Hi
It's always best to post all the info you have. YES the two could be connected if the out temp is reading -40 the air con will not work because it could freeze up so the ECU will not turn on the air con.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:18 PM

Hi Thanks for replying does that mean I would have to replace the ecu. Thanks

Old 06-14-2009, 07:26 AM

Hi
Unlikely more likely a faulty outside temp sensor or a wiring fault for that sensor.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:48 AM

Hi. Where is the temp sensor located and are they expensive to replace thanks I appreciate the advice you have given.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:27 AM

Hi
Behind the front grill,you do want to check the wiring first.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Merlin
Hi
Behind the front grill,you do want to check the wiring first.
Hi Thanks I'll get it checked out I hope this sorts out the air con problem.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 AM

I have been to the electrician today and he is saying that the outside temp and air con may not be linked and I should go to the dealers and let them do a diagnostic and find out what the exact problem is. what I wanted to ask is how certain are you that if I do get the temp sensor sorted that the air con would start working again. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Grand Voyager Ltd 2002 (uk) a/c problems