Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grand voyger 3.3le auto 1998

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Post grand voyger 3.3le auto 1998

i have lost all drive, reverse gears, i can pull away in drive but as soon as it changes gear it loses all drive and the engine just revs. i have heard something about the transmission control management system and the in/out sensors. Could someone message me to let me know where i can locate these and possibly tell me if this could be the problem or if it is the actuasl gearbox. i was driving at a constant speed when it went at approximately 60mph. i stopped and restarted the engine and put it back in drive and managed to pull away and also low it drives ok in but as soon as it changes gear it loses all drive. i hope someone out there is able to help me as im at a full stop with it at the moment. thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 AM

Iv got the same problem.. trans was just rebuilt.. I never lose rev. shifts from 1st to 2nd and no forward gears. but I still have reverse.. when I shut off the motor and re start it I have 1st again until it shifts to 2nd..

Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 AM

sensors have NOTHING to do with a no movement condition. infact you can remove both and still have rev and 2nd. There's a 99% chance the trans has an internal failure and will need a rebuild!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Default Reply to Shawnsdad

If you have had a rebuild, i would be inclined to say that its not gear box failure to the extent of the gear box itself, i say this as you in lamens terms have a rebuilt/ reconditioned gearbox, obviously replacing parts that are worn or faulty. so this would lead me to the in/out sensors or the TCM

Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 PM

I guess my English skills are poor. You can remove the TCM, you can remove both sensors, you can remove the TCM relay and you will sill have 2nd and reverse!!!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Default 22 chrysler

22Chrysler if you read my post, i said i dont have any gears apart from first, i dont get 2nd 3rd etc or reverse so your post is of little help sorry.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:36 AM

If you read and could comprehend my posts, it is of HUGE help.

the computer management system is NOT what is causing the transmission to loose drive and neutral out. I'm trying to tell you how to problem solve this by disconnecting any computer management controlled component and re-running the vehicle. See if a computer management related component fails, you WILL have 2nd gear and reverse no matter what. Now if you have a failed internal transmission problem,,, then you can have all kinds of problems like a neutral condition when in gear.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Default 22chrysler

oh sorry , got you now, i lift the bonnet and there is a module on the right hand side next to the fuse box, if i disconnect this the negine wont run at all, its as if disconnected from the battery. on the left hand side is another module next to the washer bottle, which one am i to go to

Old 01-21-2010, 05:23 AM

also where would i find the in/out sensors

Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 AM

I wish I would have known you are not in the US, so I could have used terminology more suitable to your culture.

Can I assume your vehicle is Left Hand drive? if so, the transmission computer is on the passenger side of the van near the power steering reservoir.

With 99% certainy, there is an internal transmission problem.

To find locations of components of your transmission, instead of me finding images and doing all the work to provide them, try an internet browser search function. If you are unable to have any success, I'm sure someone else do this for you.

Quick Reply: grand voyger 3.3le auto 1998