Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Heater Air Direction not working....

Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 PM

i have a 2000 lhs can not control temperature or blend door do not hear any movement of actuators? what/where is the control system (brain) for the climate control system?

Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Unhappy 2001 Town & Country Dual Air Problem

Hello folks,
I have a 2001 Town & Country and I have had Warm / Hot air blowing on the driver side, but Cold air on the driver and rear. I found the part replaced the part but here is the thing it is still not blowing cold air on the driver side. I noticed while under there I could see a metal rod Square shape and it will slide out. want to say it about 12 inches long there is a plastic fitting that will slip on to the bar and looked to have been a stopper. Ok that is broken. I have called the local Autozone store around me and they have no clue to what it is called. Do i need to replace this part for the air to start working on the driver side? Also another question. I can see the other components moving when I turn the car on and adjust the temp settings. Would I need to have these setting on cold or on heat to get it back to blowing cold air before I put the part on?
Broken plastic sleeve tip but the part still works and will slip over the bar but I'm not sure if it keeps spinning or stops because the other components stops at the spots of actions. So a idea of the part I'm talking about it the bottom one not the one to the right or top under the driver side actuator.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:07 AM

you stated that these actuator switches have to be recalibrated when replaced.how can this be done without paying the high price of going to the dealer?

Old 10-12-2020, 11:30 AM

2009 Aspen

On these Gen 2s, there are two rear blend door actuators on the rear HVAC unit.

Both actuators are stock 2009 models.

The usual clicking was heard from one of the actuators.

Both actuators were disassembled. There were no worn nor broken teeth on any of the gears.

I rotated all gears 180 degrees and reinstalled with the excess factory grease applied to the teeth.

Both actuators work when plugged into the rear harness.

The rear actuator, closest to the back hatch, moves when the rear thermostat is adjusted.

The front actuator does not move at any time.

Query: What source controls the front actuator? When is it supposed to activate? What makes it activate and when?