Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Blower Resistor Renewed But.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Default Heater Blower Resistor Renewed But.

Just a little confused here, as when the fan runs continually and can't be turned off, not just in High speed, the resistor is said to be at fault. My car has Automatic Climate Control and the fault to start with was of no fan running at all. Well I ordered and fitted a new one but fan runs continuously at same speed..So is if faulty or something to do with speed control ****. Happy that fan runs now though as rains back and windscreen likely to mist up..But don't want cold air blowing in winter start up...Viewed a vid on you tube with exact same fault and resister to blame...Anyone got thoughts or had dreams...

Old 07-23-2018, 12:41 PM

Speaking off the top of my head, (better than the other place) I would investigate if the fan motor is under microprocessor control of any kind. Is it thought that the resistor is simply wired in series with the fanmotor to cut the speed? My GV. has an infinitely variable **** to achieve this, although I've never looked into this area. Chrysler are very fond of switch-mode power control (evidence is alternator charge control).
Leedsman Dreamalong.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:29 PM

HERE IN THE USA... I have 04 with ATC and posted a thread of my misfortune with a bad interior ventilation blower fan. It is SUPPOSED to spin at a low speed at all times when the key is on, and increase with fan speed control increases. With the UK/USA wording differences, not sure what you are getting at.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:15 AM

Ah well seller is wanting info on my car and what's happening with pictures..Here we go, last one I got didn't have this hassle. Might be better to get info on last one I got maybe..

Old 07-24-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Just a little confused here, as when the fan runs continually and can't be turned off, not just in High speed, the resistor is said to be at fault. My car has Automatic Climate Control and the fault to start with was of no fan running at all. Well I ordered and fitted a new one but fan runs continuously at same speed..So is if faulty or something to do with speed control ****. Happy that fan runs now though as rains back and windscreen likely to mist up..But don't want cold air blowing in winter start up...Viewed a vid on you tube with exact same fault and resister to blame...Anyone got thoughts or had dreams...

Also where I am in the USA, we get COLD winter weather. AND when first startup, in ATC mode, it inhibits fan speed until it senses a certain temp and the vent. control panel displays a message that fan is held off to prevent your concern of fan blowing when cold. It says DELAY and even give a repetitive "countdown" until parameters are met.

Last edited by REBEL59; 07-24-2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: further info to post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Default Heater Fan Resistor.

Yes Rebel certainly don't wanting it blowing all the time in winter. Good idea that auto start you's have. Took some pictures of inside old and new resistor and there is a bit difference on the electronic board. My old one on the right.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:27 PM

Your control panel is quite similar to mine, although I also have rear climate zone. I suspect that your concern of non adjustable fan speed is in the control **** panel itself.
Do the speed indicator lights light up as the speed **** is increased or decreased?

Old 07-27-2018, 03:56 PM

Yes the speed indicator lights do light up as you turn the **** but speed stays the same.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:17 PM

I have not had such to deal with, Just a bad blower motor for NOT running under certain temp conditions.
I take it all that you have done is replace the resister module? Quite possible you got a wrong or bad unit.
There is a HVAC control test/calibrate that you could look up and try performing, I did this with mine, and pretty sure that I found the steps in this forum.

Last edited by REBEL59; 07-27-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:25 PM

Just been reading the Chrysler service Manual. I must state that my unit is a Blower power Module and not resistor. The Resistor one is the one where you can see the wire coils inside the cage. Not sure about the one that has a Green body with the fuse going up the side. 3 different units to go on. Is there differences in these Blower Modules does anyone know like the one I have and pictured. Got a relay test to do tomorrow just incase.
As to my Ebay case at mo I have been offered £5 to accept it and sell it on. But as it doesn't work right, no chance of selling it on..

Last edited by goggs; 07-28-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Add a bit..

Quick Reply: Heater Blower Resistor Renewed But.