Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Illuminated Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Default Illuminated Lights

My wife drive the T&C (2005) most of the time so I'm not sure. I just noticed there is no illumination coming from the headlight switch (far left on dash). If it's supposed to, does anyone know how to access and fix it?

Old 05-07-2015, 05:01 AM

Yep it should be illuminated
You can flip out that panel with a screwdriver but...
The lights are small bulbs on a holder you can remover by turning them counterclockwise but the dealer doesn't sell them separately, They expect you to buy a complete new panel

However, you can remove the holder + bulb and carefully remove the bulbs by loosening the wires at the foot of the holder and replace the bulb by a bulb you can buy at some electronic parts shop.

NB its possible the bulb has a blue rubber "hood" you can carefully remove en reuse that one too.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
The lights are small bulbs on a holder you can remover by turning them counterclockwise but the dealer doesn't sell them separately, They expect you to buy a complete new panel

However, you can remove the holder + bulb and carefully remove the bulbs by loosening the wires at the foot of the holder and replace the bulb by a bulb you can buy at some electronic parts shop.

NB its possible the bulb has a blue rubber "hood" you can carefully remove en reuse that one too.
Thanks. I start vacation tonight at 9PM. I now have my first project for tomorrow. Does the same apply for the rocker switch for the seat heaters in the center above the radio?

Old 05-08-2015, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dominic26
T Does the same apply for the rocker switch for the seat heaters in the center above the radio?
I have no seat heaters but I found a slightly different kind of bulbs on the other switches in the centerconsole.

BTW an alternative could be trying to buy the bulbs (with foots) from a scrapyard. You might even be able to buy the whole panel for a few bucks.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer

I just had the headlight / side mirror panel off. I took the whole thing apart piece by piece, and I mean piece by piece. There were NO lights in there. Is it me??

Old 05-08-2015, 05:11 PM

If we are talking about this panel the bulbs should look like these (but longer and with a blue tip)

Attached Thumbnails Illuminated Lights-images.jpg   Illuminated Lights-504730b125068_269908f.jpg  
Old 05-09-2015, 05:24 AM

Also, the bad news on the heated seats illumination, I had quite a challenge get in doing this on my old gv.
Removing the whole centre console is easy, two screws at top, two hidden under a think grey plastic panel at Base (just above cigarette tray) and then prise the whole fake-oak effect panel from one of the sides, unclip the control cables (push red clip in then press down to release) on mine there were 3.one top, two middle for climate control.

Now the harder part, the heated seat and hazard indicator piece you gently prise out. I used 3 or 4 thin screwdrivers simultaneously in the notches. Keep it flat as when you take it out you need to keep the switches in the right position.
Once out you'll see the problem. Panel illumination is by a set of soldered in bulbs. Who on earth does that!

What I did was de-soldered them and replaced them with 12v leds in their place. Was fiddly soldering but in the end it worked great.
Not sure on your soldering and skill level but might be worth taking a look as getting at them isn't a huge job.

Good luck

Old 05-09-2015, 06:59 AM

Found some more pics.
1 of the backside of the light switch panel (arrow points to foot of bulb holder)
And one of the bulb with arrow pointing to the metal strips you can "unwrap" so you can replace the bulb in the holder.

Attached Thumbnails Illuminated Lights-bulbs.jpg   Illuminated Lights-backside.jpg  
Old 05-09-2015, 01:24 PM

Vmaxxer, I really appreciate all the help you are trying to give me. But the system will not let me have the privileges to look at pictures yet. From looking at the new members area, it looks like I need to "spam" the system to log enough usage to get my privileges. Kind of sad, considering the posts at the top of the pages are ads by Ford and Toyota. Could you please send them to me at dmscorz @ gmail.com.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:20 AM

mail with last 2 pics send

Quick Reply: Illuminated Lights