Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

interior light wiring

Old 10-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Default interior light wiring

I have a 1997 chrysler voyager my problem is that the interior lights are not working. The globes are fine and the selector switch is working fine.
I think it must go thru a relay . Does anyone know if this is true and if so can you also tell which relay it goes thru or if there is a wiring diagram for the light circuit. I have found some relays below the steering wheel so I am assuming that it is one of these relays.
Thanks.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: interior light wiring

which lights?? all or just some and can u click on them and they turn on?? what about when u open the door?

Old 10-28-2007, 04:07 AM

The lights are the 2 lights on the ceiling of the vehicle within the vehicle so that you can see within the cabin of the entire vehicle when you either open the door or turn the selector switch on .
When you openany doors the lights don't work , when you turn the the selector switch on the lights don't work , when you have the door open and then turn the selector switch on the lights don't work but abuzzer sound comes on to let you know that the interior lights are on (no lights are working ) and that the door is open so that when you close the door, the buzzer sound stops but still no light works..The globes are fine .It's just not getting any power up to the lights.
Thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 11:06 AM

The bulbs could be burnt out or your dimmer switch is bad.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

body computer ,junction block or wire issue.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
moe

like tech said, try bulbs first most common,if it doesn't fix it email me i'll give you copy of wiring. let me know ..moe!!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:41 AM

Hi, I have a 2001 Grand Voyager and I actually have the opposite problem: my interior ceiling lights won't go off.

I had the problem before when it also involved the brake lights staying on. I seemed to fix both issues by wiggling the brake light switch and other random wiring near the pedals. However, the interior lights issue has popped up again, but this time on its own.

When you open the driver's door you immediately hear the "bong...bong..." alarm to say you have left the lights on. They're not on! The mileage LED display lights up on the dash and the ceiling lights turn on. If you put the keys in the ignition and turn 2nd position the alarm stops but the lights stay on. They also stay on while you're driving about, with or without the headlights on.

When you take the keys out of the ignition and open the door to get out, the "bong...bong..." starts up again (like when you've left the lights on) and the ceiling lights stay on. When the vehicle has been unattended for maybe 1-2mins the interior lights go off.

I know that if you take the keys out of the ignition while the headlights are still on, they stay on for a short time, so could this problem be connected to whatever is controlling that? And why do they stay on when you're driving?

Thankfully, the lights are going out after a short time so it's not going to drain the battery but I'd still appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks

Old 05-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Default Interior lights

1999 Chrysler Town & Country: I have a similar problem with my interior lights. With the engine off andI open any door, the interior lights do not come on. They come on with the engine running. Also, the door lock, both on the door and with the remote, the doors won't lock or unlock without the car running. With the car running, everything works just fine. Any ideas?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Default RE: Interior lights

Hi Guys, I need a wiring diagram for my interior lights (2nd row seats) as well. Reason is, I need to install a roofmount LCD on the roof and I need to tap the wiring from the lights to power up the LCD. Any suggestions or alternatives is greatly appreciated as well!! Thanks guys...rdgs..

Old 08-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Interior lights

what kinda van do u have?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: interior light wiring