Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Jack stand and jack points on 2005 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Default Jack stand and jack points on 2005 T&C

I just tried to rotate the tires on my 2005 Town and Country. Checking the owners manual, I placed my floor jack in the place that my owner's manual told me to. As I'm jacking up the right rear, I'm beginning to wonder where I'm going to place the jack stand when I get the van up high enough to remove the wheel. The only place the owner's manual identifies as safe jack stand location is the same place you have the jack (actually, the manual doesn't identifiy any place to put a jack stand. So, before the jack and jack stand dilemma reach critical mass, I notice that the jack is going up, but NOT the van. As I take closer look underneath I see that the jack is merely crushing the metal in the are the owner's manual has declared as a jack point. Needless to say, mission aborted, and here I am looking for answers to the following questions:

1) Since the author(s) of the owner's manual don't know where the suitable jack points are for a 2005 T&C, can any one on this forum recommend some (there should be four)?

2) Once you get that corner of the vehicle up in the air, where would one place a jack stand (since the stand can't be in the same place as the jack)?

TIA...sprey

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 PM

Are you saying they don't know jack?

Try using a suitably large piece of wood in conjunction with the floor jack to spread the load, then apply the jack close to a suspension anchor point that looks reasonably strong. Put the jack stand under the sill where they recommend placing the car jack. If you can, cushion the jack stand with a very hard piece of rubber or very dense plastic to avoid metal-on-metal which will wind up causing a rust spot.