Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Judder when releasing the revs.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Default Judder when releasing the revs.

Hello again friends....

Well i thought id post up about this because there seams to be a few things that may cause this.

Firstly the problem.

She need a few revs to get her moving and have to play with the clutch and revs to get it right with out stalling. Also when driving along and i release the revs she judders a bit and then again when the revs are reapplied.

Now i have been reading up and think this could be 1 or 2 problems.. (maybe more to the more in the know than me)

Firstly.. the one im hoping for is the engine mounts. could these be worn/damaged and be causing this? how many are there? is it just the 2 engine ones that could cause this or are there a number of gearbox ones that could also contribte to this.

Secondly the clutch is on its way out.. hopefully not this one as serching on line and even fleabay i can really find a lot clutches for sale. (2.0 petrol manual 1998)

any other help or advise as to what to check first would be a great help. obviously i dont want to start spending loads first off when it could be something simple, so if any of you great friendly people know in what order i should check things that would be great.

Many thanks

Neil