Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

keeps unlocking its self

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Default keeps unlocking its self

i often come back to find my "s" reg 3.3 voyager le has unlocked its self.
somtimes it unlocks within 3 seconds of locking it via the remote and i stand there having an "argument" with it trying to get it to lock.
sometimes it perfectly ok.
a more recent problem is that also the alarm dash light stays on even when driving

Old 02-27-2009, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by robinflyer
i often come back to find my "s" reg 3.3 voyager le has unlocked its self.
somtimes it unlocks within 3 seconds of locking it via the remote and i stand there having an "argument" with it trying to get it to lock.
sometimes it perfectly ok.
a more recent problem is that also the alarm dash light stays on even when driving
I have occasionally thought mine has done that, but I always have my key fob held awkwardly when it happens so I put it down to a light and unintentional press on the unlock button. Could it be some dirt under the unlock button on the fob perhaps?

Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 AM

I had the same thought about the fob-- maybe the unlock button is being triggered too easily-- but I don't think that explains the light.

Have you had any work done around the dash? (new radio, replace heater core/evaporator core, etc.) Electronics can act crazy if a ground is bad or if someone forgot to hook it back up after a repair.

Of course it could be a faulty body control module.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rick99
I had the same thought about the fob-- maybe the unlock button is being triggered too easily-- but I don't think that explains the light.

Have you had any work done around the dash? (new radio, replace heater core/evaporator core, etc.) Electronics can act crazy if a ground is bad or if someone forgot to hook it back up after a repair.

Of course it could be a faulty body control module.
Do you have a second alarm fob? If so, that would rule it out.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM

it happens even if the car is locked via the key, sometimes i stand there for a few minutes relocking it as it unlocks until it stays locked. when i go back to it later on i would say 80% of the time it has unlocked itself

Old 02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

u have a key position switch issue inside the door panel.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:05 PM

sorry to act dumb but could you expand on key position issue please

Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 PM

vehicles with alarms usually have a switch in the driver door so that if you accidently set off the alarm you can just shut the door, put the master key in, and unlock the car with the key, silencing the alarm

Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

the key position switch is an electrical switch to sends a signal to the body computer to tell it to disarm if it gets bad signals like they like to do U get the doors to lock back when unlocking and or locking while going down the road.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 AM

this is gonna sound kinda dumb , but arent the doors supposed to lock and unlock as you drive along and stop and pull away again... i though this was meant to happen.......... i just wished it would stay locked when i park it up.... i go out several times during an evening to relock it sometimes . i have even spent a few nights in it (motor racing) and it makes me jump when it just decides to unlock itself, and there doesn't seem to be any set pattern...

Quick Reply: keeps unlocking its self