Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for solenoids to solve P0403

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Default Looking for solenoids to solve P0403

Hello,

My fist post in this forum, I hope to do it right. The forum looks great!

I own a CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER 2.8 CRD 2007 automatic transmission (RS engine). I had an issue with the EGR. I changed the valve and cleaned the MAF (caudalimeter) but the P0403 is coming back. Next thing to change should be these solenoids. I have been looking in eBay and the internet but could not find them. Can you help to me to find them at a reasonable price?

Solnode vanne EGR | scool

Thank you very much in advance

Old 07-07-2017, 07:30 AM

Well, on the 2007 P0403 refers to a wiring fault in the circuits that control the Pneumatic Servos that activate the EGR Valve and also the Throttle Valve. The 2007 and i think the 2008 had this system. The EGR/Throttle Valve assembly is at the front of the engine. They are usually readily available on eBay, or from the distributor JNL Engineering. Solenoids are best bought from JNL: 01276 63278 they will need your VIN to be sure you buy the right part. I might add that my 2007 GV has had issues with the same code for years and i have still not tracked the cause. My fear now is that it is ECM related, but i can clear the code so don't worry too much. The Throttle Valve Control Solenoid sits just above the Intake Manifold pipe and the EGR Control Solenoid is shock mounted to the right of it, a little lower down - just follow the vacuum lines

Last edited by vrc8883; 07-07-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: addition
Old 07-07-2017, 01:50 PM

They say that that valve only costs about £27 from main dealer.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by vrc8883
Well, on the 2007 P0403 refers to a wiring fault in the circuits that control the Pneumatic Servos that activate the EGR Valve and also the Throttle Valve. The 2007 and i think the 2008 had this system. The EGR/Throttle Valve assembly is at the front of the engine. They are usually readily available on eBay, or from the distributor JNL Engineering. Solenoids are best bought from JNL: 01276 63278 they will need your VIN to be sure you buy the right part. I might add that my 2007 GV has had issues with the same code for years and i have still not tracked the cause. My fear now is that it is ECM related, but i can clear the code so don't worry too much. The Throttle Valve Control Solenoid sits just above the Intake Manifold pipe and the EGR Control Solenoid is shock mounted to the right of it, a little lower down - just follow the vacuum lines
Thank you very much for your answer. I did not know that them control also de Throttle valve (not really sure of what it is...).

My Voyager is working OK appart of engine light that turns ON sometimes (is switches OFF again after 2 services without detecting the problem). Usually comes back after a sudden accelleration when in a ramp. The car also makes black smoke if I accelerate a lot (not really sure if related with engine light turning ON). I can drive for miles without the lignt, but if I push the throttle pedal in a ramp, then it comes ON again !! The mechanic changed the EGR but it did not solve the problem. Then we changed de MAF and the EGR solenoid, but the problem still comes back. Any suggestions?

I am avoiding to take the car to the official dealer mechanic because it is very expensive, but I start thinking it is the only solution (is it? not really sure that they can solve "everything")

Old 07-26-2017, 10:18 AM

It looks like you are spending a lot of money anyhow.
The P0403 refers to a short to ground or a short to 12v in the EGR servo circuit. I suspect though that that is just a start. The 2007 Grand Voyager has a fly by wire, electronically controled, throttle valve - it controls the incoming air and also assists the EGR valve (If it closes more EGR is achieved, or sucked into the airflow - so there is a Throttle Valve and an EGR Valve, both vacuum controlled, in one housing at the front of the engine. I think all diesels make smoke, especially accelerating hard - it is simply unburned fuel. As I say, I and others chased this fault code for years and never found it! Im my case it was completely random; checked the wiring (no joy) and everything. There must be something else that triggers the code so your best and least expensive option might be a Jeep dealer with a DRB3 scanner, believe it or not.

Last edited by vrc8883; 07-26-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by vrc8883
It looks like you are spending a lot of money anyhow.
The P0403 refers to a short to ground or a short to 12v in the EGR servo circuit. I suspect though that that is just a start. The 2007 Grand Voyager has a fly by wire, electronically controled, throttle valve - it controls the incoming air and also assists the EGR valve (If it closes more EGR is achieved, or sucked into the airflow - so there is a Throttle Valve and an EGR Valve, both vacuum controlled, in one housing at the front of the engine. I think all diesels make smoke, especially accelerating hard - it is simply unburned fuel. As I say, I and others chased this fault code for years and never found it! Im my case it was completely random; checked the wiring (no joy) and everything. There must be something else that triggers the code so your best and least expensive option might be a Jeep dealer with a DRB3 scanner, believe it or not.
Thanks again, I agree I have no more options if I want to solve P0403, but l was surprised that common mechanics make wrong diagnisis and change pieces and bill you so easily and "by instinct". I have heard also horrible things about oficial dealers (and bill you €€€), so it is difficult to decide where to take the car in case of problems.

Last edited by silent; 07-27-2017 at 04:05 AM.