Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror broken :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 04:10 AM
Default Mirror broken :(

Some ******* kicked of my mirror on my drivers side tonight
Now I am looking for a new second handed one, but I can only find a decent one from a slightly newer 2007 Voyager while mine is a 2002 model (IV RG)

Anyone know if that does fit? (both types looks the same on a picture...)

Attached Thumbnails Mirror broken :(-mirror-small.jpg  
Old 12-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Old 12-10-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
Some ******* kicked of my mirror on my drivers side tonight
Now I am looking for a new second handed one, but I can only find a decent one from a slightly newer 2007 Voyager while mine is a 2002 model (IV RG)

Anyone know if that does fit? (both types looks the same on a picture...)
No definite fact but as far as I'm aware the EUROvans are 01-08 same mirrors. The adjustments will be identical, the functions such as heated / auto-dim etc will be model dependant per the amount of wiring pins. Always best to get the toothed in out set right before you change the mirror, the mirror itself just 5 minutes if you've done it before - if not YouTube.

Best of luck, some toe-rag scorped mine .. .. .. twice in the same month !

Old 12-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Old 12-28-2016, 03:36 PM

I ended up buying a mirror on the scrapyard off a 2007 voyager.
Fits easy enough and the connector is the same but for some reason I cannot set the mirror in the proper angle..although I'm sure I mounted the mirror correctly.

When I set the mirror (with the adjust switch) as far as possible in the "outside" position I can only see the side of my car..
I added some washers under the mirror mounting plate and now I can adjust the mirror so that I can see behind me again, but its in the maximum "outward" position now..

So my questions:
Anyone else encountered this problem?
Maybe the 2007 is slightly different build compared to the 2002?

Old 12-29-2016, 03:23 AM

There must be some limit switches, either hardware or firmware, in the mirror or the switch. Perhaps you need to remove it again, hold the switch down in one of the positions to be sure of reaching it's maximum, manually position the mirror to the same direction as the switch and the refit it.
Not sure I explained myself very well or even if my idea will work but it's worth a shot.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:19 AM

AlanC
I see what you mean but the problem is mainly the position of the mirror housing itself.
If the housing is clicked in the "driving position" I have to turn the mirror 100% "out" just to see what's behind me in stead of the side of the car.
I added a picture where you can see the problem, and this is a picture where I even added some washers already underneath the mirror housing goundplate..

Attached Thumbnails Mirror broken :(-2016-12-29-13.13.23.jpg  
Old 12-29-2016, 06:31 AM

Ah, I wonder if this is electrically folding vs non-folding mirror versions? Are they both electrically folding, or non-electrically folding as I'd expect the mountings to be slightly different.
This is mine taken a few mins ago, approximately the same angle to compare (2005 2.8CRD 4th edition)

Mine seems to stick out more. Mine are the electrically folding editions.

From the picture I see the problem Vmaxxer but not sure you're going to be able to do much about it :-(

Attached Thumbnails Mirror broken :(-imag0314.jpg  
Old 12-29-2016, 01:17 PM

I actually don't even know if my version Voyager used to have electrical folding mirrors or not.. I do have a small button presumably for folding on the steering wheel column but my mirrors have never folded besides me folding by hand ..
But differences like that could very well be the culprit.. although when I fold by hand the casing "clicks" in the position it should be.
Looking at this pic in attachment I don't see much difference in the length of the mounting..

Attached Thumbnails Mirror broken :(-klein.jpg  
Old 12-29-2016, 01:18 PM

It's nothing to do with the housing. The housing only moves when you fold the mirrors for parking. The pan & tilt mechanism acts on the mirror glass only.

Edit: The folding mechanism operates in two ways:
1) If you operate the column mounted switch with the ignition on, the mirrors fold.
2) If you operate the switch with the ignition off, the mirrors only fold after opening and closing one of the front doors.

Last edited by AlanC; 12-29-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Mirror broken :(