Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Modius Dash Cam.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Default Modius Dash Cam.

Must be getting old or summit..
Danger of putting it in back of drawer somewhere due to trying to get it to work.
Is there no simple explanation of getting a picture out of it onto my laptop then I can say I'm getting somewhere.
Understand the buttons, Power, mode and shutter.
Got SYSCFG into Laptop via pressing Power button and Mode.
Opened up SYSCFG and it gives all the shutter modes etc,.
But Its to be configured by windows...
Ah Wa Di Do An So....
Anyone got a Mobius setup for Dummies...

Old 12-28-2014, 02:12 PM

Are you saying that you don't have a PC/laptop running Windows Goggsy?

Old 12-28-2014, 02:21 PM

We did tell you before, you download the Mobius setup for Dummies from here: Mobius ActionCam Home
Download mSetup.zip from that site, expand the zip file onto your Windows PC/Laptop, run the resulting mSetup.exe, connect your Mobius to your PC/Laptop with a USB cable, the software will recognise your camera so just follow the on-screen instructions to configure it.
p.s. You will need your Micro-SD card inserted into the Mobius before you run mSetup.exe.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:07 PM

Err well followed flashing led's etc right to it saying you may now disconnect camera...
I left [0] & [1] modes how they were. Video on NTSC (or like) and not Pal. Only time adjusted here.
Lets see what happens.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:14 PM

Nop plug Cam into Laptop and it comes up Problem with drive you will have to scan it...
At one point I got Mobius ActionCam Bootloader=V003,firmware-2014/11/17V2.25 installed.
Should have known it wouldn't be easy.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:00 AM

It should have been dead easy, I don't understand what your problem is.
But if you can't figure it out you can always drop it in the post to me and I'll configure it for you.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:23 PM

It might be something in this laptop so I'll scrub everything that was uploaded and try again. Just wondering if it can be uploaded into something other than my laptop, like this 7" Samsung note pad I continually use, SM-T210. But plug ins would need to be of the two small USB's of which Samsung has the thinnest smallest one.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:40 PM

If your running any version of Windows on your Samsung and you can get hold of the correct cable then you should be OK but if you're not running Windows then mSetup.exe won't work on it.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:10 PM

Edit: Duplicate post

Old 12-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Always difficult if you can't get to see what's happening, it sounds like its got the right firmware for the format but the (1) format[ting] has gone wrong. or the (2) script has not been copied from computer to Mobius correctly. Either way its not getting from bootloader through to bootstrap. Good advice is always to clean copy everything to a folder on the computer desktop - unplug the internet and - switch completely off your virus checker or protection. Did you format with a windows computer or the on-camera format facility ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modius Dash Cam.