Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MyGig Back seat Sat-TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Default MyGig Back seat Sat-TV

Hi Everyone:

I have a 2008 Town and Country and I am dying to get this back seat Sat-TV feature to work! I called Sirius and they say they added it. but I can't get the menu that says STA-TV to come up on the back TV screens! I am starting to think this feature is either not available in my van or it is disabled somehow! Can someone please tel me if there is a way I can find out if Sirius -TV can work in my van and if not what I have to do to enable it.

Thanks in advance.
Richard

Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: MyGig Back seat Sat-TV

read the manual for the video part its a seperate manual.

Operating Instructions - Video Entertainment
System (VEST) (If Equipped)
Refer to separate “Video Entertainment System (VESt)
Guide.â€

Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM

I did. In the manual it says Chosse SAT-TV "if available" I don't see it in my Menu I only see SAT not SAT-TV What I am trying to find out, is how to enable it. Even if I have to reprogram or add a component I'll do it. If anybody knows it would be a great help.

Thank You

Old 12-11-2007, 06:59 PM

Check with the dealer, or your window sticker, it will show if the vehicle came with it

Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

if is not on that screen then i doubt u have it most high lines would. plus do u have a second tv screen?

Old 12-12-2007, 01:10 PM

Do you have two "antennae"? I mean the two black roof mounted ones. Not the aerial silver one on the fender. The black one on the rear of the roof is the sat radio and nav. The one in front of the sunroof by the windshield is for the Backseat TV.

Do you have both?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
moe

hey guys theres a tsb #08-025-07.that just came out for a updated software disc.it goes by your prodution date.heres the disc #for 2 different model radio.see you radio has one of theses codes on the face cover" RER" or "REW"takes my gig update disc #68043349ab,and radio with code "REP"takes #68044754aa.call your dealer.moe

Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Well I have the silver antenea at the front and the Black square antenea at the back but i don't see 2 black antenea near the sun roof. what do I need to do to add this to my Van. By the way I do have 2 TV screens in the back.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:09 AM

What I meant by two black antennae....was simply 1 black square type on the roof near the lift gate and the other black square type antenna (this one is for the TV, I believe) is suppose to go right above the windshield on the roof (in front of the sunroof if you have one).

As you seem to be saying that you do not have a second black square type antenna in the front, you probably don't have the back seat TV. You can either:

1. Call your sales rep you bought the car from and ask him/her
2. Take a look at the window sticker that was on the vehicle (should be put in the glove box by the PDI guys)
3. Call Chrysler and ask them.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 AM

I agree with Gumby that you do not have the antennae for the backseat TV. I suppose you could have it added to the van. The cost would probably be more than the $530 when it comes from the factory I would think.

Steve

Quick Reply: MyGig Back seat Sat-TV