Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Navigation ERROR!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Default Navigation ERROR!

Well, when it rains it pours I guess. First the power steering, now the Navigation!

I picked up my Town and Country yesterday from the Dealer. They had repaired the power steering (even keeping my hardware store clamps in place!!! WTF!) and ordered parts for the auto temp control and power 3rd row motor assembly. HOWEVER, upon picking up the vehicle I noticed that when I attempted to activate the navigation, it would just display "Navigation is being activated..." and nothing would happen. Of course you only notice it AFTER the service dept. is closed...

I tried to access my HDD for my stored music, nothing is in there?! I went into system setup and displayed the version number screen, and it clearly showed under the Navigation version the following comment "ERROR, NO TAG FOUND." I also cannot access any Voice Activated controls and under Gracenotes there is no version number now but only (INIT). I went into HDD management and it displays the size of the HDD as 0.00 gig avail and 0.00 gig used.

Clearly the HDD is either defective or not properly connected. I would imagine that the tech that worked on my vehicle while trying to access the auto temp control had to remove the dash to get to it and probably damaged the HDD???

Or does anyone have any easy fixes to this?? I do have to return to the Dealer in the following weeks for the ordered parts, but I just wanted to see if I could get it working on my own.

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Default RE: Navigation ERROR!

Anyone? ...Moe?

Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM

Well, my vehicle has finally gone in to the dealer to get this issue addressed. As it turns out, the entire system is BORKED. They put it on the computer readout and there were sooo many codes flowing out they didn't understand. They have ordered a completely new nav and HDD and it should arrive from Toronto in about 2-3 days. I have two frustrating issues with this.

1. When they reinstall the new system, my "free preview" with Sirius will probably be cancelled. (Although I have a 1 year free included with the van, my sales rep said to not call Sirius to set it up until the Sat radio locks out. She said some customers have had upwards of 4 months "free" before starting their year)...I know I'm cheap LOL.

2. Why in the hell did this system crash when it was working when it went in and the tech didn't even have to fiddle with the nav/HDD only had to get at the Auto Temp control buttons...???[:@][:@][:@]

Old 03-18-2008, 04:00 PM

I've had the same problem with my 2008 Dodge Caravan- it went out on me about 2 months after we bought the van (and right before a big trip down south). I was told that there is an update CD that is supposed to fix the problem and that this CD is supposedly in the mail to the service dept.

So, we shall see. I've also had several issues w/ my van since we bought it in November- sensor in my steering wheel was off, sliding door wouldn't close/lock, nav system went out, and now one of my DC adaptors is not delivering consistent power. I've been a Mazda fan for 7 years with absolutely no issues with those vehicles- and I know exactly where I'm going after this van wonks out completely.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 PM

The vehicle is going in on MArch 25 to the dealer. I'll keep everyone posted on how the new RER unit works out.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Well, I went in to the dealer this afternoon to drop the car off for tomorrows appointment to change out the NAV. Well, guess what. The dealer apparently "forgot" to order the parts, even though I received a call from the service manager himself 3 weeks ago saying they were ordered. WTF.

I almost blew a gasket right there. Well, round two is scheduled for next Wednesday so I'll keep everyone updated. Todate, I would not recommend Williams Chrysler in Fort McMurray, AB. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 04-02-2008, 04:15 PM

Oh, well, that's frustrating as all hell. I'm assuming they've reordered them for real this time?

I just got my van back from the shop- when they tried to install that update DVD they got a serious error and ended up having to replace the whole system.

Right now, 2 hours later, everything seems to work fine, but after reading the other thread regarding MyGig issues (including the sound shutting off in the entire van), well, I'm a tad concerned that this is the beginning of the end. =)

Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 PM
moe

hey gumby,heres the deal with the code (no tag found)you have for the nav. they must have either disconnected the battery to do the repair or they drained the battery and had to put charger on the car and spiked the system.bottom line is you need new navigation system.as far as not having parts for your car that blows,they should have given you a order slip stating they ordered your stuff.i would be so hot !i hope it works out for you .moe

Old 04-03-2008, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: moe

hey gumby,heres the deal with the code (no tag found)you have for the nav. they must have either disconnected the battery to do the repair or they drained the battery and had to put charger on the car and spiked the system.bottom line is you need new navigation system.as far as not having parts for your car that blows,they should have given you a order slip stating they ordered your stuff.i would be so hot !i hope it works out for you .moe
Hey Moe,

That's exactly right. A new nav / My gig was put in yesterday. It seems to work well, but here's the problem. I went to pick up my vehicle and it was dirty as hell dirty fingerprints all over the headliner and door trim. As well, the dash had major scratches and gouges and wasn't even screwed back together properly. I didn't even pick up the vehicle. I left it there and will return today to "speak" with the Service manager. Unfrickinbelievable.

This will be taken up with Chrysler Canada for sure.