Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 05:05 AM
Default New member

Hi I am a new member to this site.I have just brought a 08 Grand voyager LX.The car came with 5 discs for the sat nav for all over the world .but the only one I would like to use is GB euro disc 1 but it is scratch up and the sat nav can not read it.Please can some one help.I have also got My old 2.5 grand voyager LX 1999 sitting on my drive for spares or repairs.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:07 AM

If this is the usual cd data store, you can often cure the scratched problem with a good wax polishing. Polish always in the radial direction from edge to centre never circumferentially round and round. Old-fashioned wax from a tin is best. Examine the disc surface with a strong lens for anything adhering to it, even the the smallest almost invisible bit of dirt will upset things. Scrape any bits off with your fingernail as this is softer than the optical plastic.
The track-following system is analog, only the data/music is digitized. Any track-skipping from a data cd will reject. Make sure the little table-of-contents track nearest the hole is whistle clean.

Leedsman.

Oh, and wecome to the forum, that GV you're breaking will appeal to some on here for parts, as they can be difficult to acquire.

Last edited by Leedsman; 10-12-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Extra.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Leedsman thank you for your replie. I have had the disc cleaed at a computer shop and still no joy.Also tried copying it on my computer but one of the files on it is corrupted because of the damage to the disc. Rang chysler dealer for new disc and they tried to sell me the box set of 5 discs for £300.00 plus.My replie to that was I can get a Tom Tom for lease than that.Looked on ebay and can only get up to 2004. All I would like is a RB 3 disc 1 of GB and Europe year 2007 or newer and I could copy it and give it back. I live in hope and my search continues .Regardes the 1999 LX on my drive it's a nice car apart from drivers side rear hand brake is gone.When I say gone I mean gone me and my wife and kids were on holiday when it all fell apart . Also rear near side sliding door is roten at the bottom.Apart from that it's a nice motor only 115000 on the clock .Anyway thanks for your replie again and hope to talk again in future ....X40 BUD ......

Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 AM

I'd still try the wax polish trick, your disc problem is not really a matter of being clean, but of keeping the laser reading head "on track". The wax film in the scratches might just keep track following working until you download the data into a solid-state memory. Costs nix and might work, nothing to lose, maybe something to gain.
There could be people/firms around who can recover data on a damaged disc and re-record/burn it onto a new disc. And maybe for a lot less than three hundred notes!
After all, the FBI can seem to recover data from a hard-disk that have been scrambled and deleted...

Leedsman.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM

Thanks leedsman I will give it try.. I will let you no the out come....

Old 10-14-2013, 05:11 AM

i bought disc1 from here for 30euro
Navigation Chrysler Jeep RB3 CD Europe 2011

Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 AM

Thanks travelman been on the link and filled out the contact form.Waiting for them to get back to me.Mean while looking round for any one who has got the up to date disc so I can give it a try before I buy.......Thanks again X40 BUD...........

Old 10-14-2013, 11:29 AM

leedsman tried wax still no joy........

Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 AM

Oh well, 'tis better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. Bear it in mind though when you get track-skipping from your audio cds.

Leedsman.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:05 AM

I can try to copy it.

Quick Reply: New member