Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie 2010 T&C Touring owner looking for some advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Default Newbie 2010 T&C Touring owner looking for some advice

Hello all...I am a new to me 2010 T&C Touring owner that has some basic maintenance questions.
What should I be prepared to fix with 55,000 miles on her, and what should I do to prevent any un-needed headaches? Any advice would really help me out.
It it s pre-certified van, and has been pretty well maintained with regular oil changes.
Thanks SO much for the help with this...I really do appreciate it.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:22 AM

What T&C is it? Petrol I guess, not a CRD? What type engine?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
What T&C is it? Petrol I guess, not a CRD? What type engine?
Sorry...its the Touring and it has the 3.8L engine.
Thanks!

Old 10-28-2014, 04:49 PM

Well I know a little bit about the 2.5 CRD but not much about the petrol engines so the petrolheads can and will tell you more about this.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Change the engine oil/ Filter. Use the best full synth you can find. Not sure of grade? 0-20, 0-30.?.Change fuel and air filter and clean MAFF it it has one. Re gas aircon. Put BG44K in tank with V-Power Petrol. Check condition of Anti freeze and gearbox oil and power steering fluid. Check all drive belts and hoses. Rotate tires.

Last edited by TimmyTim; 10-28-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
Change the engine oil/ Filter. Use the best full synth you can find. Not sure of grade? 0-20, 0-30.?.Change fuel and air filter and clean MAFF it it has one. Re gas aircon. Put BG44K in tank with V-Power Petrol. Check condition of Anti freeze and gearbox oil and power steering fluid. Check all drive belts and hoses. Rotate tires.
Thank you SO much! I will do this over the weekend.
Quick question...what is the MAFF...Mass Airflow Sensor?
Also...what do you mean by "Re gas aircon?
What type of anti-freeze is recommended for these T&C's with the 3.8L?
Thanks again for all the help!

Old 10-29-2014, 08:37 AM

Resist at all cost contaminating the manufacturers recommendations on engine oil. Putting risky and unnecessary junk additives into perfectly formulated engine oil designed for modern engines is snake oil. Anti freeze is HOAT G05 and distilled water 5 litres of each.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
Resist at all cost contaminating the manufacturers recommendations on engine oil. Putting risky and unnecessary junk additives into perfectly formulated engine oil designed for modern engines is snake oil. Anti freeze is HOAT G05 and distilled water 5 litres of each.
Thank you for the advice...and on the antifreeze type. I appreciate it.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by QinteQ

I Agree here with regards to putting additives into Engine oils. Oil manufacturer's spend millions on R&D in order to balance the correct amounts of additives to ensure a clean engine with good protective qualities. Using a fuel additive (In my view) can help clean up a fuel system. There are a lot of products on the market that just don't work! Believe me! I've tried them all over the last 30+ years! The only 2 that work (In my view) are the American BG products and the Archoil ones! In your case having a Petrol engined car is BG44K or Archoil 6200.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brewcity1
Thank you SO much! I will do this over the weekend.
Quick question...what is the MAFF...Mass Airflow Sensor?
Also...what do you mean by "Re gas aircon?
What type of anti-freeze is recommended for these T&C's with the 3.8L?
Thanks again for all the help!
Hi...

Have the air conditioning checked for leaks! And having a re gas will replace the gas and the oil for the air conditioning pump! Thats if its all needed and low on R134a. I had mine done for £19. If you do this, ask them if they use a synthetic oil and not a mineral one as this can't be used with R134a. The Mass air Flow can be simply cleaned with a spray called CRC or electrical contact cleaner. Just take it out and spray and dry. This will be found close to the air filter box and probably says Bosch stamped on it.

While you're got the bonnet (Hood) open check the gearbox auto oil level and condition. If this needs topping up then look for leaks! Be mindful to use the correct fluid recommended by Chrysler as if not this will damage the box. Also check the power steering fluid! This will take the same fluid as the auto box.

Have a general look at all hoses for leaks ect.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Newbie 2010 T&C Touring owner looking for some advice