Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with a NAV question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Default Newbie with a NAV question

Hey everyone, new guy to the site with a question. I just bought a 06 T&C for the fam and I have a question about getting maps for the NAV system. I am in the military stationed in Italy, and I need to get the European maps in order for my NAV to work here. I've talked to the new car sales people on base, Chrysler, MOPAR, Alpine and no one seems to know what I can do in order to get these maps. I contacted the company that makes the map DVDs and the guy couldn't fathom that I have a US spec van in Europe. Long story short, I couldn't get through to the guy and quickly tired of it. From what I gathered from my phone calls, it comes down to the maps being region 2 coded, but the system is region 1. You would think it would be a simple operation of burning the maps to a new disc and formatting it to region 1, however that seems a bit too difficult for these guys. Any suggestions or insight...or has anyone actually pulled this off??? Thanks guys!

Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 AM

Nobody knows anything about this??? I guess I'll ask in the A/V section as well.

Old 11-05-2011, 02:54 PM

C'mon, 210 views and no one knows anything???

Old 12-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Well, finally got an answer to this problem. It is a easy as I thought (burn the software to a region 1 disc), however no one will do it so my nav will never work while I'm overseas. It's some sort of liscensing and import/export issue. Basically, this prevents europeans from buying the cheaper US spec vehicle (because of the exchange rates), paying what ever taxes are needed, buying the europe nav software, and coming out with a smokin' deal on a new car. Unfortunately, US military personnel are screwed by these policies. We're such a small population that the powers that be can't be bothered with figuring this one out.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S.
Hey everyone, new guy to the site with a question. I just bought a 06 T&C for the fam and I have a question about getting maps for the NAV system. I am in the military stationed in Italy, and I need to get the European maps in order for my NAV to work here. I've talked to the new car sales people on base, Chrysler, MOPAR, Alpine and no one seems to know what I can do in order to get these maps. I contacted the company that makes the map DVDs and the guy couldn't fathom that I have a US spec van in Europe. Long story short, I couldn't get through to the guy and quickly tired of it. From what I gathered from my phone calls, it comes down to the maps being region 2 coded, but the system is region 1. You would think it would be a simple operation of burning the maps to a new disc and formatting it to region 1, however that seems a bit too difficult for these guys. Any suggestions or insight...or has anyone actually pulled this off??? Thanks guys!
I have the new 5 cd Mopar navigation set that I can burn onto discs for you. Or if you prefer I could upload the 1st cd to something like drop box so you could try burning it yourself to see if it works then I could upload the others.

I have burnt the UK cd onto a blank disc and keep it In the nav unit as it needs it when you setup a new route. It was made by just copying the data files straight to a blank cd, no image copying just plain drag and drop. Works 100%.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by spiers
I have the new 5 cd Mopar navigation set that I can burn onto discs for you. Or if you prefer I could upload the 1st cd to something like drop box so you could try burning it yourself to see if it works then I could upload the others.

I have burnt the UK cd onto a blank disc and keep it In the nav unit as it needs it when you setup a new route. It was made by just copying the data files straight to a blank cd, no image copying just plain drag and drop. Works 100%.
Awesome, I would love to get copies of the discs. I thought I was never going to be able to use my Nav while in Europe. Send me a PM and we can discuss this further. Thanks!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Default eu discs

OMG!! I bought my Town & Country at Ramstein then moved to the states for one year before coming back to Ramstein for 6 more years ~ I thought this was a hopeless cause. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to get a copy of these discs ~ please help! Thank you.