Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   No air comes out from the rear a/c outlets (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/no-air-comes-out-rear-c-outlets-3732/)

jimzhang02 09-05-2007 11:41 PM

No air comes out from the rear a/c outlets

I just bought a 2002 Town & Country and found out no air comes out from the rear a/c outlets at all. It is a three zone climate control. The front side works perfectly. I checked the rear blower fuse. It is OK. I swapped the front blower relay and rear blower relay. The cold air comes out from the front a/c outlets but no air out from the rear outlet again. It seems the blower is not working. What should i try next? The rear blower power module or the blower motor? It will be a big job to access these components. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
[align=left] [/align]

CHRYSLER TECH 09-06-2007 07:52 AM

RE: No air comes out from the rear a/c outlets

are u trying to use the rear controls orthe ones up front?

jimzhang02 09-06-2007 11:18 PM

I tried to set front setting to auto then change the temperature. Also I tried to set front setting to rear control and turned the rear control knob different postions. Neither way worked.

CHRYSLER TECH 09-07-2007 09:07 AM

u might be looking at a rear blower motor power module.

jimzhang02 09-07-2007 11:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have to remove the right quarter trim inner panel to access the rear power module, right? Do I need a special tool to pry the plastic panel out (to disengage the hidden clips)? What other tools do I need to complete this job. Thanks a lot.

CHRYSLER TECH 09-07-2007 05:14 PM

I use a trim clip remover but u can use a screw driver and just reattach them back to the panel once removed.

JusGene 09-08-2007 11:01 AM

Similar thing on my '97

but with the heat.

When I use A/C up front, the rear vent operate to recirculate the car air. When I switch the front control to heat (with a/c button lit/on) air flow from the rear vents stop.

Gene

jimzhang02 09-10-2007 01:13 PM

Thanks a lot.

jimzhang02 10-09-2007 01:56 PM

A update: The problem was solved by replacing the rear blower motor power module ($65.50 part#04885482AA). Now the cool air comes out from the rear a/c outlets.
Thanks for the help.

Farva 10-10-2007 06:48 PM

The reason why no heat is coming from the top vents is because when heat is selected for the rear they come out of the bottom vents and use the principle of heat rising. Anyway that is why you do not get heat from the top vents.

-Farva