Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

no low down power

Old 05-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Default no low down power

i have had this problem now for 12 months , when I try to pull off from a stand still it does not seem to want to move , but if I take the revs up to around approx. 1200 then it will pull off ok , things I have done so far as follows
changed turbo
injectors all reconditioned
blanked EGR valve off
tested MAF
tested accelerator pedal

I have been told now it could be high pressure pump , but others say its not because I would have probs starting and at high revs

then the clutch switch , but others say if it was that at fault the cruise control would not work

any idea please

Old 05-25-2016, 02:43 PM

Is this an auto box?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
Is this an auto box?
sorry forgot to put details
its a manual
2.5 crd
2001 grand voyager

Old 05-25-2016, 03:09 PM

I also tried another fuel rail with the sensor , and a manifold pressure sensor

Old 05-26-2016, 02:18 PM

New Turbo but is it operating. As was on here recently the Turbo is operated by Vacuum and this Vacuum is transferred via rubber hoses that split and an operating solenoid that can leak and not work at all. The solenoid only costs £25 odd pounds which is worth buying and the hoses can be bought at Halfords or Fleebay. My car might benefit as well as might others.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
New Turbo but is it operating. As was on here recently the Turbo is operated by Vacuum and this Vacuum is transferred via rubber hoses that split and an operating solenoid that can leak and not work at all. The solenoid only costs £25 odd pounds which is worth buying and the hoses can be bought at Halfords or Fleebay. My car might benefit as well as might others.
thanks budy , question mate if the turbo was not operating wouldn't I loose power top end aswell , when I driving on a dual carriage way or a long road and put my foot down , it rockets along , and when I pull off they is no power at first but when I get to around 1500 it suddenly picks up

Old 05-27-2016, 03:42 AM

Just a thought. Are you sure you don't have binding brakes? This has been almost a stock fault with GVs. Esp. the handbrake, check that one first. If you can drive half a mile or so without using the brakes, put your hand cautiously on the rear drums after coming to a stop.
Leedsman.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:34 PM

This is a thing to consider regarding the turbo operation. The Vacuum pump is engine driven so at low revs if there is a split hose the Vacuum will be low. But as the engine picks up speed, the added Vacuum may overcome the leak. But saying that a Vacuum leak often causes more pressure to be applied to the brake pedal as the Vacuum comes off a tapping at the Brake Vacuum tank. Your booting it for power is good so I would discount the solenoid valve. (Or would I).

Old 05-28-2016, 04:09 PM

Little confused here. Just been looking at pictures of refurbished Turbo's and there's no Vacuum pipe operation. From what I can see the Wastegate is operated by the boost pressure via a small bore hose, (acc Vac hose), actuator and linkage. So as the pressure increases the gate opens and its regulated. But there maybe a short vac pipe on the actuator out of view. Needs clarified this.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:18 PM

Any action on this Shaky I'm wondering what operates the wastegate actuator and if there's one hose or two on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no low down power