Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   No turn over for me !!! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/no-turn-over-me-16554/)

stpaulandy 01-08-2012 12:25 PM

No turn over for me !!!

Hi everyone, have enjoyd reviewing this site,lots of information thought I would be one of the lucky ones and miss out on some of the misfourtunes others have had,but not so.:eek: 2001 T/C 3.3 (black key) Current mileage is 51059, replaced PCM after dealership diagnostic indicated a PCM failure after vechile started running erratically. I replaced unit from Automotive Computer Exchange, vehicle ran like new, after two months while driving engine light came on with audio warning, all gages went to zero and engine quit. When attempting to start there is nothing, no engine turnover, there is an audible click from fuse box. Fuel gage shows empty which it isn’t, also unable to retrieve trouble code using the key dance (on off on off) or Craftsman CanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool (no codes found). Checked fuses and relays, jumped starter, turns over, did the dash smash, no luck, wiring harness appears fine, PCM was returned to ACE and they reported that unit function’s properly. . Any and all suggestions welcomed.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-08-2012 05:58 PM

need a better codes reader first of all if U have one of the cheap ones it will only read federal emission codes only.

stpaulandy 01-08-2012 07:18 PM

Yea... thanks for the quick response..... what can I say ya deal with what you have, I also noticed that the fuel pump does not energize when key turned. Does the PCM prevent engine from turning over if pump is bad.

stpaulandy 01-08-2012 08:13 PM

Are there any cheap scanners you would recommend for future use, mine should be able to pull DTC's to use as a starting point, but as I stated the key dance also resulted in no codes,where should I look first.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-08-2012 10:51 PM

check for spark and fuel see which u are missing

Raptor 07 01-09-2012 01:00 AM

An audible click from the starter relay in the IPM means the control side of the relay (PCM ground to relay coil) is working. Confirm the starter relay is clicking. Where did you jump the starter? At the starter? At the relay? Jumper cables at the battery?

Early 4th generation vans have a known problem with corrosion in the IPM that can effect anything electrical on the van. Disconnect the battery then disconnect the IPM connections on the bottom. Inspect for corrosion. Might try a shake test on the connections and harnesses first.

stpaulandy 01-09-2012 07:01 AM

It was jumped at starter,will go give it a shake and check fo corrosion

stpaulandy 01-09-2012 12:31 PM

just curious,why no codes?

CHRYSLER TECH 01-09-2012 12:46 PM

I answered this already

stpaulandy 01-09-2012 01:31 PM

Yes you did, scanner not big enough,sorry bout that, after I check for corrosion in IPM, how would you check for spark or fuel if nothing happens when ignition is turned on.