Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No turn over for me !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Default No turn over for me !!!

Hi everyone, have enjoyd reviewing this site,lots of information thought I would be one of the lucky ones and miss out on some of the misfourtunes others have had,but not so. 2001 T/C 3.3 (black key) Current mileage is 51059, replaced PCM after dealership diagnostic indicated a PCM failure after vechile started running erratically. I replaced unit from Automotive Computer Exchange, vehicle ran like new, after two months while driving engine light came on with audio warning, all gages went to zero and engine quit. When attempting to start there is nothing, no engine turnover, there is an audible click from fuse box. Fuel gage shows empty which it isn’t, also unable to retrieve trouble code using the key dance (on off on off) or Craftsman CanOBD2 Diagnostic Tool (no codes found). Checked fuses and relays, jumped starter, turns over, did the dash smash, no luck, wiring harness appears fine, PCM was returned to ACE and they reported that unit function’s properly. . Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

need a better codes reader first of all if U have one of the cheap ones it will only read federal emission codes only.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 PM

Yea... thanks for the quick response..... what can I say ya deal with what you have, I also noticed that the fuel pump does not energize when key turned. Does the PCM prevent engine from turning over if pump is bad.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Are there any cheap scanners you would recommend for future use, mine should be able to pull DTC's to use as a starting point, but as I stated the key dance also resulted in no codes,where should I look first.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

check for spark and fuel see which u are missing

Old 01-09-2012, 01:00 AM

An audible click from the starter relay in the IPM means the control side of the relay (PCM ground to relay coil) is working. Confirm the starter relay is clicking. Where did you jump the starter? At the starter? At the relay? Jumper cables at the battery?

Early 4th generation vans have a known problem with corrosion in the IPM that can effect anything electrical on the van. Disconnect the battery then disconnect the IPM connections on the bottom. Inspect for corrosion. Might try a shake test on the connections and harnesses first.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-09-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 AM

It was jumped at starter,will go give it a shake and check fo corrosion

Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 PM

just curious,why no codes?

Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

I answered this already

Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Yes you did, scanner not big enough,sorry bout that, after I check for corrosion in IPM, how would you check for spark or fuel if nothing happens when ignition is turned on.

Quick Reply: No turn over for me !!!