Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Not again?!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Cool Not again?!!

Well my cabin heater fan has stopped working again! I posted this up on here ages ago and then it started to work again! But now stopped. I'm starting to think this car has a mind of it'sown

Old 10-30-2014, 10:58 AM

I recently had the same, but may fan still worked on maximum setting. If that is the case you need to replace the resistor pack (behind the glovebox)
If nothing works the blower itself might be broken

Old 10-30-2014, 02:09 PM

Just an idea on these hic-ups, works, doesn't, works...Electrical conductivity, dirty contacts. Does the power come from IPM by any chance.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:05 PM

Cheers guys...

looks like I might havd to take a look behind the glove box then. Would some CRC electrical contact spray do the trick here I wonder?

Old 10-31-2014, 07:11 AM

And making sure the connectors are tight by sqeezing the female ones closed a little.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
Cheers guys...

looks like I might have to take a look behind the glove box then. Would some CRC electrical contact spray do the trick here I wonder?
- can you answer #2 Vmaxxer - does your heater 'still work on maximum setting'
- if it works on maximum setting then no contact cleaner will not work - you will need to replace the resistor pack

If the heater does not work at all then get a meter and look elsewhere for a solution.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM

The heater fan does not operate even when on full blast! I'm starting to think this is a lose connection somewhere as it stops and started again in the past.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:47 AM

Hi

Recently had the same problem on my 55 plate 2.8 CRD. I got the fan working again by spraying the brushes, but its only temporary, it'll come back, I ended up doing this a few times. I think the resistor pack is actually electronic on these year. Anyway you can easily check, drop the glovebox door out and unplug the fan (2 thick blue? wires). Put a meter across the resistor pack and measure the voltage while you turn the control **** from high to low. You should get 12 ish volts on full dropping to about 7 on low.

Changing the motor is straightforward, just a bit fiddly, a flexible "gooseneck" adapter makes getting the bolt from right up the back a bit easier.

Warning, remember to calibrate the flaps doors etc when you finish or something could break! You need to calibrate because you have removed the stepper motor to get at the fan. I think to calibrate you hold the power and recycle button simultaneously and turn the ign on, but check, its on this forum somewhere.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rodger
Hi

Recently had the same problem on my 55 plate 2.8 CRD. I got the fan working again by spraying the brushes, but its only temporary, it'll come back, I ended up doing this a few times. I think the resistor pack is actually electronic on these year. Anyway you can easily check, drop the glovebox door out and unplug the fan (2 thick blue? wires). Put a meter across the resistor pack and measure the voltage while you turn the control **** from high to low. You should get 12 ish volts on full dropping to about 7 on low.

Changing the motor is straightforward, just a bit fiddly, a flexible "gooseneck" adapter makes getting the bolt from right up the back a bit easier.

Warning, remember to calibrate the flaps doors etc when you finish or something could break! You need to calibrate because you have removed the stepper motor to get at the fan. I think to calibrate you hold the power and recycle button simultaneously and turn the ign on, but check, its on this forum somewhere.
Cheers for the info mate. I've just replied to another thread on the forum that suggests to use a multi-meter. But I've only just bought one and never used one b4 in me life! Not sure what all the dials do tbh. So any help would be very welcomed

Old 11-25-2014, 03:32 AM

Haven't got round to doing this job on the car yet! Decided to service the car yesterday with Mobil 1 0w-40 Tutbo Diesel (New life Petrol and Diesel engine oil exactly the same oil but with different writing on tin) And a MANN filter. She sounds lovely now. Just a thought about this heater fan. Where is the fuse for this? What number is it please? Any pics of it would be a great help guys...

Quick Reply: Not again?!!