Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offside (right) indicator

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Default Offside (right) indicator

My offside indicator has been a bit erratic in it's flash pattern (and often got faster when I applied the brakes), but this morning, it just went completely. Does the right hand indicator have it's own relay, and assuming so, can anyone tell me where it is?

Old 12-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Default RE: Offside (right) indicator

What you have is a bad bulb. Check the offside rear brake/turn light and I think you find that one of the filaments is bad and is shorting out when you apply the brakes.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: JeepAndAVan

What you have is a bad bulb. Check the offside rear brake/turn light and I think you find that one of the filaments is bad and is shorting out when you apply the brakes.
I had my doubts that it was the bulb - it took the whole side out when it went, for indicator, hazard flasher and alarm warning flash, but I've just swapped the bulbs (left to right) and it's working on both sides again. However, when the right indicator is flashing, the stop and tail is flashing very weakly as well - I assume there must be a bad connection/earth on the indicator earth and that it's partially earthing through the stop and tail (and I assume this would cause the erratic flash). I'll take it out and give it a good clean up to see if I can clear this.

Thanks for the help.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 AM

The bulb on the offsideis bad and the turn signal current is shooting throuth the running light circuit. because of this, the other lights are blinking dimly since the current is trying to drive all the bulbs in series. replace the bulb that was on the bad side originally and all your problems will be solved.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: JeepAndAVan

The bulb on the offsideis bad and the turn signal current is shooting throuth the running light circuit. because of this, the other lights are blinking dimly since the current is trying to drive all the bulbs in series. replace the bulb that was on the bad side originally and all your problems will be solved.
Replaced the bulbs and checked again - still not good, and noticed that when the reversing light was on, stop and tail still glowing dimly and reversing light not bright. Check the connector, and one of the spades has a slight white coating on it, so sprayed electrical lubricant down the socket and plugged/unplugged a few times. Now works perfectly [sm=thanx.gif][sm=youreright.gif]