Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil filter thread size

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Banned
Default Oil filter thread size - (CAT FIGHT)

Does anyone know the size of the thread that the oil filter screws into on a 1999 Grand Voyager as I wish to fit a sandwich plate to connect an oil pressure gauge.

Thanks

Last edited by Scruffy; 10-17-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scruffy
Does anyone know the size of the thread that the oil filter screws into on a 1999 Grand Voyager as I wish to fit a sandwich plate to connect an oil pressure gauge.

Thanks
That seems awfully silly. all you need to do is remove th oeil pressure sender, install a "T" and connect your gauge. the sender is right next to the oil filter

Old 10-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 22chrysler
That seems awfully silly. all you need to do is remove th oeil pressure sender, install a "T" and connect your gauge. the sender is right next to the oil filter
Yes I agree it was silly as I didn't provide all the facts, and I am aware that the sender is next to the filter. However I was given the instruments by a friend which included an oil pressure gauge, oil temperature gauge and a sandwich plate. Just thought that I would ask before taking the filter off to see if the plate fits.

I will take the filter off and see if it fits. If it doesn't do you know what size T piece I would need?

Thanks

Old 10-16-2009, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Scruffy
Yes I agree it was silly as I didn't provide all the facts, and I am aware that the sender is next to the filter. However I was given the instruments by a friend which included an oil pressure gauge, oil temperature gauge and a sandwich plate. Just thought that I would ask before taking the filter off to see if the plate fits.

I will take the filter off and see if it fits. If it doesn't do you know what size T piece I would need?

Thanks
knowing the thread size...., that's something i expect you could figure out really easy. infact asking about the thread pitch for the sandwich plate, couldn't you just take the 20 seconds to remove the filter and test that yourself. not trying to be a smart alec but the effort to figure this out could have been accomplished in less time than it took to post the question.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Banned

knowing the thread size...., that's something i expect you could figure out really easy. infact asking about the thread pitch for the sandwich plate, couldn't you just take the 20 seconds to remove the filter and test that yourself. not trying to be a smart alec but the effort to figure this out could have been accomplished in less time than it took to post the question.
Well what can I say - I must be a lazy slob!! However having changed the oil and filter only a month ago I thought it was easier to post a question and get a "friendly answer" - I must be in the wrong forum.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:41 AM

even if you took off the filter, you would loose less than a couple table spoons of oil, you'd have very minimal mess, and the filter is increadibly easy to remove/install. as you can see NO-ONE else even took the time to approach your problem. but good God man, what you want someone to solve for you, you can do yourself in a matter of seconds. yes that is LAZY. I'm wondering what good it would do to tell you the tread pitch and diameter? why couldn't you have gone to a parts store, opened an oil filter box and measure that yourself? and now your having a hissy fit when your laziness gets called out. I've kindly helped you in the past, gave you a very good resource for parts and now you're tuning on the hand that feed you.

excuses are like butt-holes.... everyone has one. There are those that do and those who wish they could do.

seems the internet forums are information diodes. everyone takes and no-one gives back. this world is getting sooooo lazy and everyone EXPECTS/DEMANDS that others solve all their problems

Last edited by 22chrysler; 10-17-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

even if you took off the filter, you would loose less than a couple table spoons of oil, you'd have very minimal mess, and the filter is increadibly easy to remove/install. as you can see NO-ONE else even took the time to approach your problem. but good God man, what you want someone to solve for you, you can do yourself in a matter of seconds. yes that is LAZY. I'm wondering what good it would do to tell you the tread pitch and diameter? why couldn't you have gone to a parts store, opened an oil filter box and measure that yourself? and now your having a hissy fit when your laziness gets called out. I've kindly helped you in the past, gave you a very good resource for parts and now you're tuning on the hand that feed you.

excuses are like butt-holes.... everyone has one. There are those that do and those who wish they could do.

seems the internet forums are information diodes. everyone takes and no-one gives back. this world is getting sooooo lazy and everyone EXPECTS/DEMANDS that others solve all their problems
Well haven't you got on your high horse. I'm sure that took you more than 20 seconds.

You sound and behave like a big girls blouse.

For your information I have tried to help lots of people on this site without resorting to derogatory remarks.....

Old 10-17-2009, 03:41 PM

you are really a piece of work I'm sure you "tried" but rarely succeed. looks like it's time to start the name calling!

it would have taken you less time to just go out to your van, waste a couple tablespoons of oil to find if your stupid plate would have fit, than it took you to put your first post on... but then you free admitted you're just tooooo lazy to get off your fat butt and actually do something. you must be a very lonely person with no friends that you actually have to ask such a lame question.

it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot than open it and prove them right.

Last edited by 22chrysler; 10-17-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Banned

you are really a piece of work I'm sure you "tried" but rarely succeed. looks like it's time to start the name calling!

it would have taken you less time to just go out to your van, waste a couple tablespoons of oil to find if your stupid plate would have fit, than it took you to put your first post on... but then you free admitted you're just tooooo lazy to get off your fat butt and actually do something. you must be a very lonely person with no friends that you actually have to ask such a lame question.

it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot than open it and prove them right.
It's very apparent that sarcasm is not your strong point...

Also the only person that is comming over as a complete and utter idiot is you.

Why don't you just give it a rest - I asked a valid question and you choose to blow it out of all proportion.

It's quite obvious that the prerson here that needs to get a life is you.

Last edited by Scruffy; 10-17-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:13 PM

I'm not about to get into a battle of intellegence with an unarmed man!

Quick Reply: Oil filter thread size