Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overhead DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Default Overhead DVD player

Hi all,
Im thinking of fitting a overhead DVD player into my Voyager. Whilst i would love to put the Mopar unit in at £600 its pretty expensive (Even though it has come down a fair bit) Does anyone know if the roof of the Voyager has already got a mounting plate in it (e.g Wood araldited to the outer skin) or does this need to be done on installation. If the mounting plate is there, can other devices be fitted to it or is it only suitable for the Mopar unit? Does anyone know if the wiring loom is already in place from the roof to the dash.

PS - The Voyager is my wifes car and i cant pop out and have a look at the mo as im at work!

Old 03-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Ken, you should probably start a separate thread for your issue.

To answer the OP's question-- since I installed a factory DVD system in my '01-- there is a weak plastic insert in the headliner that gives it the rounded shape at that location and serves as a mounting point for the rear heat/a/c controls if equipped. The plastic insert is not strong enough to hold a video screen. The plastic insert is attached to the roof via a metal bracket. The factory DVD "kit" comes with a new, stronger metal bracket that includes some additional mounting points. It also comes with a much stronger composite insert that attaches to the new metal bracket and has attachment points for the video screen. You have to remove the original metal bracket and plastic insert to install this new hardware.

The wiring harness is also not in place and comes as part of the DVD "kit". You have to install it by removing the center console and fishing it over to the A-pillar, down into the dash.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:00 PM

Hi
Check the installation guide that you can download from here http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...ubGroupId=3028 this should help you.