Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

pics of the front blower resistor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Default pics of the front blower resistor?

No one has replied to my other thread about the front blower not working. So I have been RE-reading old threads about this same issue and I figured I better get some clarification on the resistor I replaced.

The dealer gave me a part that looked totally different than the original. He said it was a re-design. He used the VIN number to look up the correct part he said. But the new part looks more like a solid state component than the old one. The old one has some metal fins with a temperature probe in the middle. The new one has a temperature probe next to a solid plastic square.

I am not 100% sure what exactly automatic temperature control is as I bought this van used. I assumed ATC is a digital temp. system? My van has two sliding temp. controls for drive and passenger (and rear has it's own control).

Could I have been given the wrong part? The wiring plug is identical.

As mentioned in my other thread, this new part made no difference. The fan works every once inawhile, maybe once in 20 times of getting in the van and starting it, if it that. It did the same thing with the old part.