Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police not recognize vin number stamped from Canada on Chrysler Town and Country

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Default Police not recognize vin number stamped from Canada on Chrysler Town and Country

Hello guys. Iīm from Europe. I bought Chrysler Town and Country 2009 whose was import from America. When I was doing control that is original car on the police office hapened problem. In Canada all same cars have vin number on the body, exactly on the right side with right sliding doors on the floor under the plastic ridge. Vin number looks like was engraved by hand no by machine. But car wasnīt repair there, vin number is nice, no after cut, damaged...and I saw many same vin number from America. They think that is a fake, because They never seen original vin number from America and in Europe have all cars vin numbers stamped by machine. That is why I coulnīt registred car in Europe!!! Is it stamped a vin number on Your Chrysler same with same method?
Please help me. When I will have some other picture with vin number (I donīt need Your all number) about same stamped method It will be very good for this horrible office. Realy thank You!!!
[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Fero/Plocha/example%20vin%20number.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Fero/Plocha/example%20vin%20number.JPG[/IMG]

Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM

For example My vin numer looks same like on the picture, but I have full 17 numbers there

Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

U will need to take this up with local matters no one on a web forum can help with legal and or state police issues

Old 04-22-2011, 12:09 AM

ok...what you describe is NOT a valid VIN...and yes it is hand etched. It is there for the assembly plant workers to identify the vehicle for purposes of installing the innards.

Talk to your local jurisdiction. If it was imported, it should have documentation of origin, and as long as it is not stolen, that documentation and the VIN plate in the window is all that is required to Identify a vehicle....

I hope for your sake , that the etched #'s and the VIN plate MATCH.....

Scenario #2...I have seen this dozens of times here in the U.S.....A siezed, or Auctioned vehicle, with a YELLOW "RE-VIN" tag affixed to the door. The original Vin is "Voided" and the tag contains local information to Identify the vehicle......If it is deemed that you obtained the vehicle Legally....This may be an option.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:56 AM

Let me explain I have a technical problem in Europe. This is not about legal and or state police issues.
Thank you for your understanding

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
U will need to take this up with local matters no one on a web forum can help with legal and or state police issues

Old 04-22-2011, 03:29 AM

Thank you for your answer.

1. VIN plate in the window is same than VIN on the body. This is no problem.

2. Car was revision and it is not stolen. This is not problem too.

3. Only one technical thing is problem. Our office for registration need for vehicle registration has the VIN number on the body, no only on VIN plate in the window!

They donīt want any documentation of origin...

Problem is that My VIN number doesnīt looks like other VIN numbers from European factories stamped by machine. My VIN looks like engraved or etched by hand. The office for vehicle registration think that It was I who engraved or etched VIN number!!!
They never seen same American vehicle with American VIN number on the body.

The best of will be for me have some documentation, picture or something That Chrysler cars these VIN number original normal have from factory in America

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
ok...what you describe is NOT a valid VIN...and yes it is hand etched. It is there for the assembly plant workers to identify the vehicle for purposes of installing the innards.

Talk to your local jurisdiction. If it was imported, it should have documentation of origin, and as long as it is not stolen, that documentation and the VIN plate in the window is all that is required to Identify a vehicle....

I hope for your sake , that the etched #'s and the VIN plate MATCH.....

Scenario #2...I have seen this dozens of times here in the U.S.....A siezed, or Auctioned vehicle, with a YELLOW "RE-VIN" tag affixed to the door. The original Vin is "Voided" and the tag contains local information to Identify the vehicle......If it is deemed that you obtained the vehicle Legally....This may be an option.