Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POWER SLIDING DOOR

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Default How To Change Harness

Can someone highlight what needs to be done to remove and replace the wiring harness?

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by JJENSEN3
Can someone highlight what needs to be done to remove and replace the wiring harness?
I agree, it would be good for someone to document the procedure in this thread and then make it a sticky.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

REMOVAL
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Remove the appropriate door trim panel from the power sliding door, (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOORS - SLIDING/TRIM PANEL - REMOVAL).
Remove the lower drive unit cover retaining screws and remove the cover(LOWER HINGE/DRIVE ASSEMBLY).
Disconnect the power sliding door electrical connector, located just behind the lower drive unit assembly.
Disengage retaining pushpin and pull wire harness away from its power sliding door mounting location.
Using a suitable flat bladed tool, unsnap the wire harness retaining clip from the lower drive unit.
Slide the wire harness off the forward lower drive unit stud.
Using a pushpin removal tool (special tool # C-4755), unsnap wire harness retaining pushpins from the rocker panel.
Remove sliding door lower sill plate, (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/SLIDING DOOR SILL PLATE - REMOVAL).
Pull back the rearward edge of the B-pillar trim to access the wire harness connector and disconnect connector.
Remove the wire harness assembly from the vehicle.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 PM

I am having a problem with the passenger side power sliding door on my '01 T&C. I have run through the general checks so far, like checking the wiring harness, etc., and think the problem is with one of the motors or relay/sensor in the door because the I can get the motor to pull the door forward and into the closed position.

Specifically, these are the observations:
1. The door will NOT automatically unlatch from the fully closed position;
2. The door will NOT unlatch from the fully open position (when latched/locked & opened all the way);
3. I can get the power door motor to engage and pull the door forward on the tracks IF I pull the outside door handle (to unlatch the door from the fully open position) simultaneously with pressing one of the door close buttons.

Knowing that there is supposed to be an "orchestration" of sensor, relay and motor activity for the automatice door to do its thing, I think that there is a problem with a sensor or one part of the system. So, my question is what tests should I try to ID the part to fix and/or are there any adjustments?

I will also add that the when I can get the door to close itself via the motor, the same door will NOT pull itself closed via the rear door latch. It makes 'clicking' noises (like the other side door that works fine) like it is trying to pull the door closed, but will not.

Two other things I should mention. When I took the door panel off to view the door mechanisms, I noticed it appeared that there are multiple motors - one low in the door for the door track and one higher up and rearward with several cables running out of it. Is this 2nd motor the one that automatically 'unlatches' the front door lock when closed AND unlatch a fully opened door. Also, are the cables adjustable or is this upper motor serviceable in some way like I have read about the other lower door motor (resurfacing the clutch discs)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

replace the latch assembly

Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 PM

do you guys know where can I find new wheels? the one goes on botton track.
thanks