Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

probably been asked b4

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Default probably been asked b4

ok just bought an R-reg 1998 grand voyager 3.3lt drove it home all worked brilliant battery dead next day so i bought new battery for it fitted it and for some reason now the airbag light wont extinguish and the lights on the heater area panel keep flashing for about 10 miles then they will stop anyone had this before as id like to get it sorted before its next mot cheers in advance

Old 05-01-2011, 03:51 AM

I have bought my 1997 Voyager 2 months ago and had exactly the same symptoms: Airbag light on all the time and AC panel flashing. Been there, done that. :-)

AC panel: it is because the battery was disconnected and system needs to repeat a self test. Now, to trigger the test you need... let me scratch my head... set fan on max, temperature on cold and depress two buttons simultaneously for at least 5 seconds, these buttons are the top one and third from top, on a left side. If this does not work, you better place a new post on this forum with more informative subject line. You need to repeat the AC system self-test.

Now, concerning the Airbag light. When it is on, does a horn work normally?
Because if it does not, it means the infamous clockspring problem.
The good news: it might be covered by a factory recall. (I've got 1997 model and they replaced the clockspring for free, now everything works.)

Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 AM

ty for the zbychobikerider that trick turned off 3 lights still have 2 flashing the circulation and the one with the snow flake on

as for the airbag light the horn works with the light on