Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quad vs Non-Quad Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Default Quad vs Non-Quad Headlights

I have a 1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXi. The headlight covers are so fogged and scratched that the light barely comes through. I was going to replace the assemblies, but discovered that the quad headlights (whichis what ison there now) are $250 a piece. I've foundnon-quad headlights that are significantly cheaper. Can you replace quad headlights with non-quad headlights? The websites say that the non-quads fit 1998 Town and Country vans.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Quad vs Non-Quad Headlights

there are kits out there where u can defog the lights yourself we sell them at my dealer and they work pretty good,just some elbo greese needed and about 30 min.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:02 PM

Itriedone of those kitson them already. Covers must be scratched or something because it didn't make it much better. Wish it had. Sure would have been cheaper.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: edwarla

Itriedone of those kitson them already. Covers must be scratched or something because it didn't make it much better. Wish it had. Sure would have been cheaper.
Which kit did you try? There are some with both sandpaper(several grades)and polishing compound, those can usually do the trick on even bad scratches. There is also a kit that contains sandpaper, polishing compound AND surface coating. Like Chrysler Tech said, it does take some serious elbow grease and time. Its not a quickie fix- you gotta work at it.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:25 AM

My headlights suck also. Ive tried 2 different kits. It almost looks as if some of the haze in on the inside. Do you have to polish the inside too? Ive never had a vehicle with headlights this bad. I even had the aim checked but it didnt help much.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: acmectec2001

It almost looks as if some of the haze in on the inside. Do you have to polish the inside too?
You won't be able to do the inside the way its put together. What has probably happened, which the same thing is happening on my '02, the seals on the assembly have gone bad allowing mosture in. That moisture condenses and mucks up the inside of the lenses (and could even affect the reflective coating on the other side). Since there isn't any major wear happening on that inside surface, it could be possible to take the assebly out, use some type of swab to clean it out, dry it thoroughly, and re-seal everything maybe with some silicone. I haven't tried that but maybe it could work. Anyone else tried this?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 PM

I looked at them again this morning and it may be all on the outside. There is no moister in them so its probably just deep in the outside surface. Maybe when I finally hitthat deer that I cant see, Ill get some new ones. Hit one with my other car and I could see it....got lots of new parts from that one. Do they make cow catchers for mini vans?

Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Default tO QUAD OR NOT TO QUAD

Did anyone ever answer the question concerning quad versus non quad headlight assemblies? I have tried lots of polishing kits with minimum improvement to my 1998 T&C headlights so now I have to replace if I want to be able to see at night. The non-quad replacement assemblies are so much less expensive than the quads, which is what I have now, I think. Are these assemblies interchangeable or do you have to go with what you have?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 AM

I got the kit that you stick in your electric drill. Worked like a dream. PERFECT results.

its not fast. took about 25-30 minutes each but the results were nothing short of spectacular on my 96 voyager. my new 2000 voyager needs it so I am on the prowl for that same kit :-)