Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB1 stereo replacement '05 T&C

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Default RB1 stereo replacement '05 T&C

My RB1 stereo is possessed - it changes modes (CD/AM/FM/Nav) and radio stations constantly and it's driving me crazy. I had a dealer mechanic look at it and they told me there's nothing they could do except replace it for something like $1500, which I'm not willing to do. I've decided I really don't need the navigation system, but want a stereo that will still work with Uconnect and the 6-CD changer. What cheaper model can I replace it with?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Unfortunately I believe the only radio that works with Uconnect in that generation van (One have PCI bus communication) is the RB1 navigation radio. Our 05 does this as well but only changes from one pre-set to the next on the same band. Mostly when turning a corner but sometimes when taking off from a stop. Since the dealer can't reproduce the problem, they won't fix it. The newer Chrysler that have the CAN bus system can use a cheaper radio for uconnet as in my 2006 Dodge Ram.

You can find these radios used on eBay however I am not sure it is the radio problem. I feel it is more in the steering wheel controls but this is just my guess. I don't think it has changed bands/modes yet on us, I keep asking my wife to pay close attention to what really happens. I am looking to see if it is changing to one of my pre-sets or just the next one in her selection since we use the memory system for 2 drivers. If it changes to something on the memory 2 position from memory 1, it might be something with the memory seat module (which controls seats, pedals, radio stations) What I am saying is I don't feel the radio is the problem just yet.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Default Demonic radio

I have the same problem. My system switches from one mode to another. I have CD/Sirius/Uconnect/Ipod. When in Ipod mode the system will switch to FM or Sirius unexpectedly.
I had not considered the possibility of the memory system being the cause but I will investigate. I have had problems with the wiring harness from the body to the driver's door and with the memory controls in the drivers door this could be a problem with a short causing the problem.