Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Rearended=Totaled optional items list??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Default Rearended=Totaled optional items list??

So we were waiting to make a left turn and a guy without even slowing drove into us at full speed 40 MPH and destroyed the van.
We got a total loss settlement quote and the adjuster left off about 8 items we have like the power rear lift gate, EVIC, TPMS, to name a few.
I was curious if anyone has had to deal with this kind of situation and how they went about listing the optional items they had and if there is a way to prove this as the van is no longer in our possession and the quote is about 2K lower then what I have been able to find them listed for.
not to mention the ones I did find had more miles and less optional equipment.
Thanks

Old 11-28-2015, 06:33 AM

That's sad news to hear it's totally, hope everyone was okay in the collision? I'm amazed something else managed to destroy it that much, these are pretty heavy lumps of metal, most other things tend to come off worse!

Anyway, were these items added extras on yours or part of the 'special edition' versions of the car, they may have missed out the key parts of your model, for example mine is the GV CRD LTD XS, the latter two LTD XS seem to be the key parts here as those include additional features (on mine it incorporates the heated seats, power trunk/boot, power doors, DVD, etc). I wonder if the insurance just had it down as a GV missing those key extra parts off the model, if so they may be able to take a look at the back of the vehicle, it's VIN number, etc, and get it re-assessed.
Not an expert or anything in that, but that'd probably be the argument I had with them, as they're probably working off a bit of paper rather than the actual vehicle's spec.

Good luck and hope you can get another GV soon.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:04 PM

That makes sense, all the options were in it when we purchased it like the Message Center, Power rear lift, Home link, Dual front zone Heat A/C and rear Heat A/C, TPMS the video system with 6 disk DVD changer and Wireless headphones, rear spoiler, front Mopar Bug deflector, Side window vent shades, I think I am forgetting some but you get the idea.