Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

remote keyless entry fob

Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by HellasHaggis
Thanks for the link QinteQ, a friend was just asking me yesterday where he could buy a 5 button fob for his GV.
- you're welcome my M8

Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 AM

Has this been solved yet? If not, consider buying a new on or transplanting the circuit board?

Keyless Entry Remote Replacements and Car Key Fobs from Keyless-Remotes.com

Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Default Need Help With Car Remotes, or Smart Keys?

hey everyone, this is Frank from Supreme Locksmith Plus in Brooklyn, NY. I am able to install, and program car remotes, smart keys, etc. For more information please contact me at 718-232-2880, or my E-Mail at supremelocks@aol.com

Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by TomC
Hi guys sorry to hi jack this post but ive searched thoroughly and not be able to find the answer. I'm trying to reprogram a two button remote. Ive follwed HellasHaggis's instructions which seem to work up to the point of the panic button which i don't have. I have tried QinteQ suggestion of disassembling the remote n ive tried all buttons with no joy.

So I'd like to know, does this mean that the two button cannot be programmed in this way and its main dealer only.
Hi Tom seen your post did you mange to program a 2 button fob I have the same prob thanks mark

Old 01-14-2013, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Loopy
Hi Tom seen your post did you mange to program a 2 button fob I have the same prob thanks mark
Hi Mark No i haven't I did find this on another site somewhere can't remember where i got it from and to be truthful i don't understand all the abbreviations but I am gonna try it as soon as i get chance but here it is anyway if you want to give it a go.

I would like to confirm that very RARELY is a scantool or dealer's assistance needed or require to add an initial remote for the keyless entry system.

I HAVE CONFIRMED THIS PERSONALLY ON 7 DIFFERENT CHRYSLER VEHICLES AT THIS TIME.

(95, 97 & 99 Chry. T&C / 94 Eagle Vision /96 Concord, 2- '97 Intrepids)

Follow the steps below (RKE Module Pin out diagram needed, info can be found on this forum)

PREPPING:
1. Remove the upper dash panel to reveal the RKE Module

2. Unplug the RKE module (Some models have 2 plugs (ie. early Intrepids, eagles ect.)

3. Locate the GROUND & PROGRAM ENABLE WIRES. (Check forum for wire colors/location) these varies by year & model )

****Steps 3a, 3b & 3c IS OPTIONAL (For ease of FUTURE Programming)****
3a. Run a Double Conductor Wire (16 or 18 awg) from the RKE Module (in dash) to any location BELOW the dash panel or glove compartment for easy access.
3b. Splice one wire to the PROGRAM ENABLE wire and splice the other wire to the GROUND wire (THIS Ground Wire is PREFERED) on the RKE Module connector. (MARK which one is the PGM ENABLE WIRE at BOTH ENDS with tape or a marker)
3c. Below the dash connect a S.P.S.T. (Single Pole Single Throw) Toggle switch to the 2 wires. (Note which position is ON/CLOSED)

Programming an Initial RKE Remote

4.With Keyless Entry Remote(s) in hand Close ALL Doors insuring alarm is DISABLED (If appl.).

5. Turn the Iignition Key to the ON position (DO NOT START)

6. Ground the RKE Modules Program Enable Wire.
For those whom install the switch toggle it to the CLOSED or ON Position.
7. Press and hold the unlock button on ANY REMOTE and HOLD IT. (You will hear a chime)
8. Release the button and press it again (single press) on the 1st remote. (You MAY hear a chime again)
9. Press ANY Button on the next remote. This is #2 (You will hear a chime)
10. Press ANY button on additional remotes (IF NEEDED) (you will hear a chime)
11. When finished Turn the Ignition Key OFF
12. Remove the GROUND from the RKE Module's PROGRAM ENABLE Wire or turn the toggle switch off.
13. Test each remote to see if it works.

NOTE: If there is a problem with programming you may need to:
a. Remove the GROUND from the RKE Modules PGM Enable wire BEFORE turning off the Ignition Key.
b. Ground the PGM Enable wire BEFORE turning ON the Ignition Key
c. After hearing the 1st chime imediatle press any key on the remote and once that chime is heard imeduiatly press any key on the next remote. ect.
d. Do NOT leave this terminal grounded! or the toggle switch ON/CLOSED

WHATS HAPPENING:
Physically Grounding the RKE Modules PROGRAM ENABLE Terminal does the SAME thing as the BCM (Body Control Module) does to the RKE Module when the scan tool/dealer tool "Enables RKE Remote Programming" You are simply grounding the PGM Enable terminal instead of the BCM doing it via the scan tool.

Now ENJOY Locking & Unlocking you vehicle via the Remote!

Anyone having trouble I will TRY to help if I can. I am NOT on here that often but will respond when I do log in. D

Cheers 98caravan, & Dave who posted the original msg.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:13 AM

Hi All,

Been reading these posts with interest... I have just picked up (last week) our Chrysler Grand Voyager 2006 (2.8 CRD) and have discovered that there is only one set of keys with it. I've ordered (and received) a new remote (5 button) and have been trying (without luck so far) to get the new remote programmed to the RKE!

I've tried the "take the remote apart and press the unlock and panic buttons" approach, to no avail (no chime in the car).

I have to admit to not having taken all the dashboard to bits (I only just picked it up!!! and the missus might be a bit perturbed to see the dash in bits already) to look for the RKE module to ground the program wire...

Is there a slightly different process with the existing remote that I could try? I seem to get the impression having looked around a lot for procedures that the "unlock and panic" button process seems to work on cars up to 2003, but maybe not later?

Last resort is to take it to a dealer and get a new key (transponder) and the remote I have already brought coded to the car via their diagnostics (approx. £200) which I guess would give me a spare ignition key as well (what if this one fails... I dread to think!!!)

Anyway, thought I'd ask as my first post into the forum! Lots of great info here already so thanks to all that have posted in the past!

Cheers,
Terry.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- don't know about the 2001 or the 2.5CRD
- if you very carefully dissemble the PCB in the fob
- and look at the side where the buttons push
- you might find the elusive panic [6th] button at the bottom

Of course it doesn't have a fob button, but in its naked state it can be pressed, and the advice given by HellasHaggis can be followed. Reassemble when finished.

Hi all

I have two, 5 button fobs that came with my car. Only one seems to be working so I tried the instructions on this thread as provided by HellasHaggis. I found the 'hidden' panic button and went through the instructions but never heard a 'chime' sound or anything.

I have a 2005 Grand Voyager Limited XS 2.8l. Are there different instructions for this year of car or do they still apply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

Old 11-23-2013, 05:54 PM

mine is a 2006 gv limited edition from italy, the panic button does not exists in the remote shell, you need to open it and in my case there are the contacts in the pcb for the panic button, you only need to short them.
but it works, i have programmed 2 more remotes, now i am looking for the keys, in ebay the ones selling are not the correct chip ID46, anyone knows where can i find this keys?

Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 PM

The 'locked' [to Chrysler] ID46 transponder chips are widely available, don't make the mistake of buying the commonly available peugeot one - they may be [locked] different. Regarding the 6 button FOB's, like yourself I have never managed to find one in the UK. I did find the 6 button Blank Blade Remote Key Case shells here in the UK. Your PCB will go straight into the FOB and the panic button will be in the correct place directly over the micro button but will still not work. What's missing is the etched (1) conductive membrane that goes between the (2) PCB and the (3) FOB shell to translate the KEYPRESS.

In short unless you can get the conductive membrane that goes between the PCB and the FOB shell you still cant make a keypress.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 AM

QinteQ-thanks for pointing the web site, but i am looking for the key itself compatible with my 2006 gv, in the ebay they are selling but it does not work wrong chip inside.
regarding my remote fob italian car, the panic button does not exists even in the pcb but i can see the pads on pcb where button goes and i short them to make contact=key press.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: remote keyless entry fob