Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Santa's Coming with a Dash Cam. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/santas-coming-dash-cam-23279/)

goggs 11-17-2014 11:08 AM

Something to think about there on that corner mounting. From corner where are you getting the power from at the USB other end. Or is it just a power outlet.
As too the different outputs of the power outlets and being able to have these outlets on all the time, that's interesting news.

AlanC 11-17-2014 12:52 PM

From the camera, the USB cable is tucked behind the trim on the A pillar, down to just below the dashboard then across to the centre console. No need to remove any of the trim but if you remove the screws that secure the right hand side of the console it makes it easier. I threaded it through the console to just above the right hand cigar lighter socket. The cable surfaces there and I have it plugged into a 5v USB adapter.
One thing you may find is, when you turn the ignition on the camera will start recording but if you don't start the engine within 2 or 3 seconds the camera will switch itself off. I believe the latest firmware, 2.18, goes some way to avoid this but I haven't actually tried it yet.
At the moment, if this happens then I simply unplug the USB from the cigar lighter and immediately plug it back in.
Incidentally, that isn't a fault with the Mobius, it's because the GV cuts power to the accessories when starting the engine.

goggs 11-27-2014 03:22 PM

My didn't it arrive quick, pack with Mobius in it wasn't supposed to arrive till December.
Anyway plugged it into USB in Laptop, light flashed on Mobius but no picture on Laptop so I take it it needs configured.
Looking for a Micro Memory card but their all 10. AlanC says no more than a 6 as 10's are a problem.
Must read this jargon I've offloaded off Eletoponline365 site.
Was going to plug it into my Tablet just now but emmm it's another mini USB like the Mobius. Need to sort that out.

AlanC 11-28-2014 05:29 AM

Goggsy, there's loads of class 6 cards out there. This one is a good make and it comes with an adapter so you can insert it into your laptop (assuming your laptop is standard SD): 32GB Samsung Genuine Class 6 Micro SD SDHC Memory Card & Adapter- UK STOCK | eBay
You won't get anything out of the Mobius without a memory card so you need to wait until you get one before you can configure it. Then use the configuration tool which you can download from here: Mobius ActionCam Home

This makes the job easy peasy.

Alan

(The latest firmware may have overcome the problem with Class 10 cards but you won't see any benefit between a Class 6 or 10 so better to play safe.)

goggs 11-28-2014 02:28 PM

Right, sums it all up, need card but I have an adaptor and configuration tool.
Thanks again.
Goggsy...