Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Service Park Assist System Message

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Default Service Park Assist System Message

I keep getting the warning message "Service Park Assist System" several times a week on my 2010 Town and Country Limited van. The dealer ran diagnostics and claims that all modules check out OK. The dealer said that there was a history of warning codes invovling inter-module communication problems, but the error codes did not pinpoint the source of the problem. The owner's manual says that, if the sensors in the rear bumper get dirty, this can cause the problem. Unfortunately, I have encountered the problem even with a totally clean car and in dry driving conditions. Has amyone else experienced this problem?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM

Ok.....Just to get it out of the way, and sorry I have to ask, BUT......

This is FACTORY installed, and NOT an ADD -ON.....Correct????

Now, with that out of the way.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....In your New vehicle is HARD WIRED any more.....Everything depends on a DATA NETWORK called a BUSS. Each individual Module..(Depending on options, You may have 30 or 40 of them) talks to his friends along this "PARTY LINE". When that Network goes down, communication is broken, and your Overhead console doesnt hear from Parktronics...It wreaks Havoc....

Think for a moment...The President is discreetly and quietly discussing NATIONAL SECURITY with one of his advisors.......In the Front row of a ROCK CONCERT....How messed up will that conversation Be???? My best guess , without seeing the car..Is you have a Buss issue between PTS and TIPM.... Which would span the entire length of the car in wiring and splices. You could possibly have a Defective PTS, Or a defective TIPM, Or as simple as a Loose wire somewhere.......

2010??? Unless you have a Ton of Miles on it already, It is still Chryslers Child.....And Their responsibility to get it rectified.....

..Just envisioning the look on My Service Managers face, if I told Him.."GEE...I DUNNO WHATS WRONG WITH IT".....

Let them fix it and dont take No for an answer.