Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Default Simple Questions

Sorry to be asking simple questions, but I just purchased an 02 T&C LX and it didn't come with an owner's manual. I've been trying to find answers online, but I haven't found everything. I have these questions:

1. In my overhead console, there is a green light. I thought it was the transmitter for the Homelink, but this morning I noticed it was on when my lights were on and it is green. What is it?

2. My decoding of the VIN states heated mirrors were standard. How do they work? I see no button that turns them on/off and no indication on the mirrors that they are heated.

3. How can I tell if keyless entry/alarm were installed? I know it was an option. I didn't get a keyfob when I bought it (from a used car dealer) and I don't want to spend the time and money to purchase an OEM replacement and pay to get it programmed if it wasn't installed.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

if i remember right that is for the Auto temp control that light and the heater mirrors will turn on when u have the defrost on for the back. A dealer will run the vin and see if it came with it or not.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:07 PM

You can find all options that your car was built with by going to the local dealer and get friendly with the guy behind the parts counter. (A box of donuts might help.) He can look up your VIN and get a complete build list showing all the options on that car.

If yours is like mine, the mirror heaters are activated when you activate the rear window defroster.

Owners manuals come up on eBay every once in a while. Keep a lookout there and you might get lucky. For the life of me I can't understand why they don't get passed on with the car.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:08 PM

Ooops. I guess we both answered that one at the same time.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:29 AM

Thanks! I'll check with the dealer and see if they can help with the installed options. Found the Owner's Manual on ebay for $11.00. Thanks! You guys are the best.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

no way Dcotter I was 4 min faster lol

Old 04-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Happens to me all the time. I'll start to answer a thread then go to sources on the net to get diagrams or other links to data, then put the links in the post and click "post" only to find someone beat my post - grrr.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:09 PM

I found out that I can get a listing delivered options from the Chrysler.com website at Chrysler - Web Self Service and then clicking "Equipment Listing" on the left hand side of the page and enter the VIN on the search box.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:58 AM

Hey Coaster Fan - thanks for sharing the link to check original options, that's nice to know you can always print a build sheet for your car from Chrysler.

Hope you enjoy your van - despite occasional ****les these vehicles offer a lot of comfort and utility for the money.

Happy Motoring.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:04 AM

Hmmm, not sure why the web site has put stars over one of the words in my post here - just to be clear, I did not use any profanity, swearing, commercially protected, politically sensitive, or offensive terms in my post.

Quick Reply: Simple Questions