Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/)
-   -   Steering wheel cruise control illuminted buttons? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/steering-wheel-cruise-control-illuminted-buttons-10565/)

perry 01-12-2010 11:46 AM

Steering wheel cruise control illuminted buttons?

See this discussed before but no answers. Should a 2006 T&C's cruise control buttons be illuminated when the headlights/dash lights are on?

22chrysler 01-12-2010 03:25 PM

mine are not lit and I don't see in the the wiring diagrams any illumination wiring.

milesy_boy 01-14-2010 12:40 PM

I was going to ask the same question....? My 2002 Voyager steering wheel buttons don't light up either...common problem or Chrysler oversight?????

22chrysler 01-14-2010 01:27 PM

this is a very common problem. From what I found 100% of all vans have this problem going back to 1991 when the cruise buttons were first put onto the steering wheel. As I stated, I investigated this problem and found there is no wiring provisions for this feature, there are no bulbs in the switches and the wiring schematics show nothing related to illumination. So I suspect that this is the problem why the lights don't work when they are not installed. I agree, I wish they had them because I always push the wrong buttons in the dark, I have to turn on the dome lights to see which of the buttons I need to push for the cruise to work, which inturn distracts me from focusing on my driving and I end up in the ditch or into oncomming traffic.:(

CHRYSLER TECH 01-14-2010 11:14 PM

it's all a matter of money some years they will have bulbs in stuff like the speed control or the door lock switches and so on then half way through the year they will have the next batch of switches they order not to have them in there to save how ever much money they are for how ever millions they order. Same thing with vans they went from 8 way power seats to 4 way on the pass side or I replace a part like the door lock switch and the new one does not have the bulb in them ne more its not a matter or wires for the one little bulb a little currant over a led will work with no extra wires.
So some times U can get them with the lights in them and some times u dont get it.

barwaryzaid 03-25-2011 05:02 PM

Dear i just would like to ask if you have fix your illumination I have 2005 with same problem no illumination on AC control and heated seat hazrd light and etc
please help

Leo Psaroudis 04-04-2020 08:23 AM

old post but I'm new to the game.... so if i had the CrCtrl switches that were illuminated and the lights go out or stop working, is there a way to fix them? or do i need to buy new illuminated switches?

Leo Psaroudis 04-04-2020 08:26 AM

forget it i found my answer

QinteQ 04-04-2020 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Never on my 04-08 UK

- no - they are not lit

Attachment 2477

- cruise only comes on at 30 mph
- the top accelerate / resume button speeds cruise up at any speed above 30 mph
- the bottom coast button slows cruise down

- the coast button disengages [while pressed] and re-engages [when you take your finger off] cruise
- tapping the coast button will decrease your speed by 1 mph for each tap
- tapping the coast button three times will decrease speed by 3 mph" !

- tapping the acccel / resume button once will result in a 2 mph speed increase
- tapping the acccel / resume button three times will increase speed by 6 mph

- the brake will also disengage cruise, pressing the acccel / resume button will re-engage cruise at the original setting
- If you want a different cruise speed press the set button again

I use cruise 99% of all out of town centres all of the time, it seems to average about 500+ RPM [-] for any speed setting. I believe that no human can out-think a puter, we just cant make 100 throttle calculations per second. The only issue I have is that heavy traffic and fluctuating speeds and icy conditions can make it a very dangerous and unforgiving device.

georgef 04-04-2020 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ (Post 114066)
The only issue I have is that heavy traffic and fluctuating speeds and icy conditions can make it a very dangerous and unforgiving device.

That's why there is this warning in the owner's manual:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.chr...e26a922448.jpg