Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Strange smoke for Voyager

Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Default Strange smoke for Voyager

Hi all, got a strange one with my 2004 voyager wondered if anybody had ideas
When I stop, a pump still seems to be running for a while and sometimes get a 'smoke' from the nearside(left) near to the side door.
Smoke smells diesely and so assume it must be something to do with the fuel supply.
Bit to cold to go investigating at this time, but will look later in the week, but looking for any pointer????

Thanks in advance

Old 02-13-2010, 06:23 AM

Hello Andy

There is a seperate heater which runs on after switching of the engine, its has a cool down cycle. Im assuming you have a diesel engine model, as the heater is diesel powered. It smokes a lot more if you havent run the engine long as the heater takes a while to get to full operating temperature. I think they fit it because the engine doesnt have much spare heat to give out. My temp gauge usually runs below the half way mark , nearer a third when its freezing weather.

simon

Old 02-14-2010, 03:04 AM
Default Thanks

Hi Simon
Thanks for that info, Hadn't realised that. Searched through my manuals and lo and behold there is a section on the diesel heater for export models.
Must admit in this colder weather my temp gauge hardly gets to a third the way, and have been considering checking thermostrat, now seeing this info will do this week
Andy