Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck Power Third row

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Default Stuck Power Third row

I have a 2008 T&C and last night I noticed that the power third row bench isnt working properly.

The buttons in the truck stow both half of the bench with no problem , however when I press the "Normal " button the seat legs lock into place and the single side of the bench operates normally but the the left side of the bench doesnt unfold to the upright position.

Do any one know how to fix this or if there is a manual release for the back support on the bench?

Old 09-26-2011, 01:19 PM

johnnycastrojr,

Its very difficult if not impossible to diagnose a vehicle with only a description but I was able to locate a TSB that MAY apply to the issue that your experiencing with your 2008 Town & Country. If it applies to your vehicle concern it can be corrected wtih a simple software update flash. Please see below:

TSB #08-001-09

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience an intermittent or partial unlatch of the 60 percent third row seat inboard latch while attempting to stow the seat. Customers may experience the Third Row Power Seat back located in the folded position, on the seat cushion, preventing the seat from being used. A second attempt to store the seat may or may not be successful. A software design change has been made to eliminate these intermittent unlatch conditions.

This bulletin involves flashing the Third Row Power Folding Seat Module (FSM) with new software.

See your local dealer to determine if this issue applies to your vehicle. Finding a dealer is simple:

A dealership locator can be found on the brand web site in the "Find a Dealer" field of the Chrysler - Official site of Chrysler cars, convertibles and minivans | Chrysler home page.

I hope that this information is helpful to you or another Forum Member.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 PM

The dealer can do a calibration as well as a flash to the module. Did you happen to fold the seat away with something down in the area where it goes? It could be something as simple as the legs not fully latching or the microswitch is bad or it could be a disassembly of the seat to replace a failed part.