Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

T&C 2001: Climate Control backlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Default T&C 2001: Climate Control backlights

It seems that the light bulbs that light up the climate control buttons went out. Does anyone know what size they are? Can I just get them at Autozone? Thanks!!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: T&C 2001: Climate Control backlights

I dont think U can replace any bulbs back there

Old 02-21-2008, 04:03 PM

I changed the light bulbs in the climate control. The climate control is expensive and to buy a new one just because the light doesnt work is unfair. Anyways, these bulbs are not available at any auto shop. You can open the climate control and remove these bulbs (seven or eight in total). They are soldered on the board so you will require a soldering gun to remove them. The bulbs are like small LED's but are regular bulbs. Take one of the bulbs that you have removed from the climate control to any electronic shop (not an auto shop) and ask them to give you a replacement with similar specifications. They are very cheap to buy. I changed mine more than 6 months ago and they are working fine.
You can even change bulbs in the switches that are located in the center console. These bulbs are just glued to the board and with time the glue comes off and the bulbs stop working. You can change these bulbs and solder them so that they never come loose.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 AM

how hard is it to remove the climate control. Do you have to take the whole center dash off?
I had this same problem, and the dealer somewhat fixed it. A few of the lights are still not working. There was a short in the panel dimming control.
Stupid of Chrysler not to use LEDs that last forever.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:46 AM

It's easy to remove the center dash trim. (assuming we're talking 01-07) Remove your cup holder, use a flat-head screwdriver or your fingers to pull off the thin strip of trim just above where the cup holder was. Remove the two phillips-head screws, get your fingers under the metal, pull it up and work your way around the trim from bottom to top popping the trim off. With the trim pulled away, remove all of the electrical connectors-- remember to slide the little red tabs to the side before pressing the release tabs and pulling on the connectors to get them out.

The climate control will be attached to the trim.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:35 AM

Bulbs from anelectronic shop as in Radio Shack? Any specific recommendations?

Old 02-01-2009, 03:48 PM

I have a 2001 T&C and I read your post and removed and opened up the climate control. I noticed that there are seven or eight small yellow bulbs down where the ***** are at and they work fine. There are also other bulbs on this circuit board and none of mine work. My question is When you changed your bulbs did you change the yellow bulbs or the other ones and were any of yours working.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 AM

I am having the same issue with one burned out light bulb in the ATC control panel. I saw both the little yellow LED's and the larger incandescent barrel-shaped bulbs. It was the barrel-shaped bulb that burned out on my board. I will take it to a local electronics shop and have them weigh-in on replacing the bulb (de-soldering and re-soldering a replacement bulb).

I can't believe Chrysler would design the panel without serviceable bulbs (I do not think buying a new circuit board from Mopar or having to resolder a bulb is "serviceable"). Geez.

Last edited by hawken; 03-02-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM

I use the mini lamp from Radio Shack, on my 01 town and country climate control. it's been a month now and it's still work good... here's the part number from Radio Shack 272-1092 it's in a package of two mini lamp....

Old 03-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Is there any reason why a 12v LED can't be used? Maplins sell these in yellow for about 40 pence?

I've noticed on mine that the lights on the driver/passenger slide controls aren't working - are these lights on the boards also or are they within the switches themselves?

Quick Reply: T&C 2001: Climate Control backlights