Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

T&C information

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Default T&C information

Hello to all T&C owners from Slovenia!

I hope someone could help with this. I'm about to buy a van that was imported to Slovenia from the US in 2005, the 2003 T&C is with 3,3 engine, but I don't have any information about the car for the first 2 years. So, I know nothing about how many owners there were and about services. I allready had a GrandVoyager for 3 years but there were constant problems with the automatic transmission, so I would like to prevent having same problems again by checking out the car completely before buying.

Can anyone tell me how to get information about the van via internet? I allready found this website that offer Vehicle History Reports, but I don't know how reliable those reports are. So any help would be really useful.

Thnx!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Default RE: T&C information

Those vehicle history reports can be a good purchase. If the car was brought into a dealership for service it will get reported and show up on those reports. Crash history will also show up. Likewise, if the car was stolen, you want to know that. Also, if the car was totalled due to crash or flood damage, it should show up there. 2005 was the year hurricane Katrina came ashore and caused a great deal of property damage. If that car was flooded, and the insurance company paid it off as a total loss, it would have been able to be sold over here as a salvage title vehicle. What happens when such a car is shipped to Slovenia? Who knows, but the short answer is that a title check is a good idea before buying a used car.