Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Tailgate warning sound

Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Default Tailgate warning sound

Hi
i have a 2005 Chrysler Grand Voyager, stow and go on LPG, limited, 3.3 litre.
The problem is that the warning sound of the electric tailgate, got quieter and quieter, now no sound at all, also the rear parking sensors are not beeping or the warning lights that show how close you are to an object do not light up, all this happened at once, i don't know if they are connected to each other and have no idea where the sound module is.
reverse lights are fine.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 AM

Honestly haven't seen a post on this in many years of cruising forums. I do know the Body Control Module (BCM) has the tone generator for other systems. Maybe all. Remove the IOD fuse in the IPM for 2-3 minutes to reset the BCM and data bus. Can't find it? Disconnect the negative battery cable for the same.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07 View Post
Honestly haven't seen a post on this in many years of cruising forums. I do know the Body Control Module (BCM) has the tone generator for other systems. Maybe all. Remove the IOD fuse in the IPM for 2-3 minutes to reset the BCM and data bus. Can't find it? Disconnect the negative battery cable for the same.
i have removed the IOD fuse and changed the BCM 40amp fuse, but still nothing, also checked the on board computer as it can also be switched off there.
I have looked behind the rear right hand panel for the BCM, but there are several black boxes with plugs in and don't want to remove the wrong part, so if you can advise, it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 03-29-2012, 03:00 PM

The beeper for the hatch is mounted in the rear hatch handle where the licence plate lamps are. It comes as part of the whole harness that runs the beeper, the temp sensor for the hatch, the licence lamps and the release button. I doubt it is involved with the park assist system problem. The park assist module has ignition fed power, ground and bus inputs........might have a sensor shorted out.