Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

U connect 730N and Phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Default U connect 730N and Phone

I don't know where to ask this question.
We just got a 2013 T&C with the Uconnect 730N and we are having a slight problem getting a reliable connection with my wife's older cell phone.
We are being told that the problem exists because it is not a smart phone.

I don't have a proble with the explaination but my wife likes her old -simple phone- so I am looking for a simple phone that works in the AT&T network that will reliabilly connect to the 730N.

I have two questions - What version of Blue tooth is needed and what simple phones have you found that work?

BTW - When her last phone died we were able to get a simple GOPhone that was compatable with the standard AT&T network. The best part was that it was inexpensive!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Try this, it is a link to a sight listing phones and whether they have been tested with uconnect.
http://www.lxforums.com/articles/uco...nect_comp.html

Old 03-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Thanks - that is helpful.
The Uconnect web site lists some phones but they are either discontinued or very expensive. I got little help when I called them - other than "check our web site often because it changes every day"

The Bluetooth rev dosen't help - my wife's phone is 2.1 and some of the compatable phones are 1.1 AND there was a comment that it needed to have 0.96 or higher that seems to refer to 7.4.0.96 but I can't find any comparison between 2.1, 1.1 and 0.96

I'm begining to think this is a lost cause

I get a a web based newsletter about once a week titled "Designed by Monkeys" that seems to fit this situation.

All I want is a simple phone that will connect to the 730N without a problem - I guess that is too much to ask.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:36 PM

This Uconnect thing is a disaster --

I am now considering T-Mobile instead of AT&T because AT&T insists that I have to have a data plan with a smart phone and T-Moble say it can be easily blocked. But this doesn't lessen my frustration with Uconnect. I still can't get the info I need.

I did learn that Uconnect is made by Johnson Controls who markets their own version as Blue Connect.
The Blue connect site lists 99 T-Mobile phones (and about the same for AT&T) that are compatible with blue connect and 14 that are not .
When I ask them if the same phones are OK with Uconnect they say I have to talk with Chrysler who lists only 28 T mobile phones and all of them are expensive.

Talking with the folks at Chrysler Uconnect is like talking to a brick wall -
"The list of compatible phones is on our web site!" is the only thing they say and when I ask if their list is going to be upgraded they say "The compatible list is on our web site."

When I tell them that the list hasn't changed, I get "The list is updated regularly so watch the compatible list that is on our web site!"

What's wrong with these people? I have an expensive addition to my T&C that doesn't work and there is little assistance from Chrysler.

Our friends with other vehicles don't have problems like this.

PS There is another list for the REU and RER navigation radio for Uconnect but the T&C has the RHR radio. When asked if the list will work on the RHR radio the Chrysler folks say "The compatible list is on our web site."

Does anyone know how to get a real answer from Chrysler or is that on their web site with the compatible list that is not updated??

Last edited by NH_USA; 06-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.