Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

voyager 2.5td air con problem HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Default voyager 2.5td air con problem HELP!!!!

Hi, I have recently bought a voyager 2.5td. When i bought it the chap said that the air con needed recharging. I took it to my local garage and had it recharged. Fantastic, worked that evening, and the day after - probably on for upto 1.5 - 2 hours in total. Not needed for a while(about a week max), went to put it on a couple of days ago, just warm air coming out.Yesterday took it back to the garage and he automatically said ah! if it was empty for a while something may have stopped working... he pressure checked and said that there were no leaks, and that with air con you are supposed to switch it on every couple of days otherwise comonents of the system can pack up. We said surely if it worked those times we used it then there isnt a problem?!? he said that it was possible and hes going to run a diagnostic, but if its the condenser then it may cost 500-600 euros! a couple of questions really...could he be right? has anyone had the same problem? what could the problem be?
any help/advice would be gratefully recieved.
many thanks
tintin

Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 AM

You said he pressure tested it so what were the pressures? The pressures must be out if it's not working. If the pressure is too low the compressor will not cut it, can you see/ hear it cut in? If the compressor is running will need to know what the high and low pressures are. What makes him think it's the condenser if there is no leaks? does he mean compressor?
Yes it is best to use the air con to keep it working correctly.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 AM

A condenser is just a radiator (heat exchanger). Any decent radiator shop sould be able to do a re-core for you.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:29 AM

Thanks Merlin and glowplug, he had a quick look when we took it back, but he is going to do a full diagnostic check, but cant do it till next monday. As far as we could see he got the other mechanic to look/listen when he switched it on, and said there were no leaks when he attatched his air con/pressure unit (sorry dont know the tech name)