Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

water leak problem! 3.3lx 99

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Default water leak problem! 3.3lx 99

well this car is turning into a daily project! lol, good job I dont mind getting my hands dirty! Got home today and was sat on the drive and noticed steam coming out of the bonnet at the front, so i jumped out quick and opened the hood and a steady squirt of water was shooting at me. it was coming from somewhere behind the block, almost from in the dash, it was to the right hand side as u stand looking at the engine bay. anyone have a diagram of the hoses they could put up or send me, or have any ideas? i've only had the car 4 days i dont have a manual yet! already done an oil change, new drop links, fitted a new electric folding mirror mechanism, brakes, coolant flush.... i hope its nothing too serious im getting tired! lol

Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 PM

4got to mention im in the uk so its a rhd

Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM

You got a pic? I have an idea but if you have dual air/heat it may be more difficult. Heck if you have a video cam post a youtube video and link it.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
You got a pic? I have an idea but if you have dual air/heat it may be more difficult. Heck if you have a video cam post a youtube video and link it.
if you mean air con? yes i do have air con. does this draw its water from the engine system then? i will try and get a pic after work when its daylight. better go in on the bike today!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by newnut
if you mean air con? yes i do have air con. does this draw its water from the engine system then? i will try and get a pic after work when its daylight. better go in on the bike today!
No, what I meant by dual AC/Heat is that in that location there are a bunch more heater hoses/lines jumbled up there and it would be harder to identify where the leak is. Yes a picture would be good. Im trying to picture in my head everything swapped around for RHD but I can't lol. The only thing that comes to mind is a bypass hose that runs from intake to back of timing cover..vertical sort of.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:03 PM

i took 2 pictures, hope they help your thinking. the second picture has whats appears to be a flat piece of metal dead center of the pic, just below this is where the water was squirting from
[/IMG]

Old 09-22-2011, 02:04 PM

Name:  Picture002.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  116.9 KB

Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 PM

sorry first pic shows what i said before, this is a pic of me pointing to the area in the engine bay. sorry, im learning how to use this site! lol
Name:  Picture001.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  110.7 KB

Old 09-23-2011, 02:17 PM

Took her out for a run today and im definately still loosing water, i can see it dripping on the floor under the bay after a long run, tho the large hose coming from the radiator is pressurizing. i really believe it is a split hose or loose connection but its impossible to see without removing a ton of parts! once i do find it, how will i know what it is or what its evan for to order a new one?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:25 PM

where does the heater hose draw water from?

Quick Reply: water leak problem! 3.3lx 99